Land Rover LR2 Review
The 2015 Land Rover LR2 ranks 17 out of 17 Luxury Compact SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Land Rover LR2, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Land Rover LR2 is ranked:
The 2015 Land Rover LR2 is an accomplished off-road vehicle, test drivers say, but its competitors deliver better handling and quicker acceleration.
Automotive writers find the 2015 Land Rover LR2 produces substandard throttle response and slower acceleration than its competitors with its standard turbocharged four-cylinder engine. At an EPA-estimated 17/24 mpg city/highway, the LR2's fuel economy is poor for the class. Some critics are content with the LR2's handling, but most find it less athletic than its rivals, with poor steering responses and a great deal of body lean when cornering. Some say the LR2 has a harsh ride, while others think its ride is comfortable. Reviewers agree that the LR2 is better off road than most other luxury compact SUVs.
The 2015 Land Rover LR2 has a straightforward, appealing cabin design, good materials and user-friendly audio and climate controls, according to most reviewers. They report the front seats are supportive and the high-mounted rear seats deliver excellent sightlines for passengers. Still, test drivers say the rear seats have minimal legroom for taller passengers, and some find the touch-screen infotainment system requires several steps to adjust simple settings. Standard features in the 2015 Land Rover LR2 include leather upholstery, rear parking sensors, automatic climate control, a panoramic sunroof, Bluetooth, an 11-speaker Meridian audio system, a USB port, an auxiliary audio input and an infotainment system with a 7-inch touch screen. Available features include heated front seats, a rearview camera, navigation and a 17-speaker Meridian audio system.
- "The 2015 Land Rover LR2 SUV may hold value for those who cherish the Land Rover name, but it's easily outdone by other luxury brands, not to mention some lower-priced compacts including the Jeep Cherokee and Hyundai Santa Fe." -- AutoTrader
- "The 2015 Land Rover LR2's off-road credentials remain its main selling point. For those who don't need this capability, there are better choices for a small luxury crossover SUV." -- Edmunds
- "If you just want the look and tall ride height of an SUV, but comfort and luxury take top billing, you'll likely be happier in an Audi Q5, Acura RDX or even the slightly more expensive Range Rover Evoque." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The little 'ute isn't quite as compelling as more modern rivals when it comes to day-to-day driving but stands out from the pack as Land Rover's most affordable model." -- Left Lane News
Other SUVs to Consider
Critics love the BMW X3’s spacious rear seat, nimble handling and potent engine options. The X3 has more overall cargo capacity than the LR2, and it gets better fuel economy.
The Acura RDX has higher fuel economy estimates than the LR2, and reviewers praise its strong acceleration. They also say it has premium cabin materials, a large back seat and a comfortable, quiet ride.
Details: 2015 Land Rover LR2
The 2015 Land Rover LR2 seats five and comes in base, HSE and HSE LUX trims. A turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, a six-speed automatic transmission and full-time all-wheel drive are standard. The LR2 was significantly updated for the 2013 model year and has seen few changes since. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2013, 2014 and 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Land Rover LR2
- View the best prices for the 2015 Land Rover LR2
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Land Rover LR2
- Search used Land Rover LR2 for sale (693 listings)
- See Luxury Compact SUVs rankings