Land Rover LR2 Interior
Most automotive journalists think the 2015 Land Rover LR2 has a simple, elegant cabin design, with straightforward dashboard controls and a user-friendly touch-screen infotainment system. The quality of most of the cabin materials is typical for the class, according to critics, with just a few pieces of lower-quality plastic. Some test drivers write that the instrument panel looks out of date, the LR2 is missing the newest high-tech features and the touch screen complicates what should be simple adjustments.
- "The dash design is elegant and less cluttered than previous versions, and the materials are mostly in line with the class, with a few cheap-looking plastics here and there." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Just because the 2015 Land Rover LR2 lacks the latest high-tech features doesn't mean its cabin is unappealing. On the contrary, the interior has a sophisticated ambience with a minimalist design, above-average materials quality and expansive side glass and a panoramic sunroof that give it a light, airy feel." -- Edmunds
- "The LR2 is Land Rover's entry-level vehicle, but it still features classy Euro-style luxury appointments inside." -- AutoTrader
- "We realize Land Rover might be going for a simple yet chic look inside the LR2, but the instrument panel is deeply dated - this even factors in despite all of the changes, including an updated center stack, gauge cluster and center console." -- Autoblog (2013)
The 2015 Land Rover LR2 seats five and comes with power-adjustable front seats and leather upholstery. Available features include upgraded leather, heated front seats and a heated steering wheel. Most test drivers note that the front seats are roomy and comfortable, though some complain that they are mounted too high. The rear seats are slightly raised, and while some appreciate the excellent visibility this provides, others note that it makes the seats uncomfortable. Reviewers add that taller rear-seat passengers could use more legroom.
- "Front-seat occupants enjoy elevated, comfortable chairs that are equally suitable for long road-trips or an afternoon of off-pavement exploration. Rear seat comfort is adequate, but taller adults may find themselves wishing for a little more legroom." -- Edmunds
- "Although the back seat is cramped, it benefits from a raised seat for safarilike outward visibility, which is very good at all four corners and aided by narrow A-pillars." -- AutoTrader
- "Headroom and legroom are ample even for taller adults, though the broad of beam may find shoulder room at a premium." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "Our biggest gripe about the LR2 overall might be the seating position for the front and rear seating. Land Rover is pushing a command seating position for the front occupants and a stadium-style view for the rear passengers, but it ends up feeling like you're sitting too high inside the vehicle - especially true for the driver's seat, which can only be lowered to a point that still feels unnecessarily high." -- Autoblog (2013)
Standard features in the 2015 Land Rover LR2 include a panoramic sunroof, rear parking sensors, automatic climate control, Bluetooth, an 11-speaker Meridian audio system, a USB port, an auxiliary audio input and an infotainment system with a 7-inch touch screen. Available features include navigation, a rearview camera and a 17-speaker Meridian audio system.
Reviewers agree that the audio and climate buttons on the LR2’s dashboard are simple and easy to use. They also appreciate the LR2’s optional Hitch Assist feature, which displays a centered line on the rearview camera and can make it easier to hook up a trailer. Some critics add that the LR2’s touch-screen infotainment system is user-friendly, though others wish that making simple adjustments didn’t require going through so many menus and steps.
- "Ergonomics aren't the nightmare you might expect; in fact, between its user-friendly touchscreen and handy climate control knobs, the LR2 is one of the more user-friendly luxury crossovers on the market." -- AutoTrader
- "The 7-inch touchscreen anchors a simple dashboard layout that features straightforward buttons and knobs for most important functions." -- Edmunds
- "Replacing conventional knobs and numerous buttons are a couple of knobs, just a few buttons, and a touchscreen that's shared with the navigation system. As with most such systems, this setup often requires multiple steps to accomplish what used to be simple tasks, but at least everything is close at hand." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "Most backup cameras have trajectory lines that bend when you turn the wheel or weird boxes, but the LR2's optional camera displays a single line in the middle that it calls Hitch Assist, which is aptly named to help make hooking up to a trailer easier. We're not sure how many LR2 owners will be towing trailers, but this is a practical idea nonetheless." -- Autoblog (2013)
The 2015 Land Rover LR2 offers 26.7 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats and up to 58.9 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats folded, which is similar to the cargo capacity of most of the competition, but behind that of cavernous competitors like the Volvo XC60. Auto writers are satisfied with the interior storage areas in the LR2, which include useful storage trays for smaller items.
- "Cargo space measures in 59 cubic feet with the rear seats folded and 26.5 cubic feet with the rear seats up, which is respectably commodious for a compact crossover." -- Left Lane News
- "On a more pragmatic front, the Land Rover LR2 can carry up to 59 cubic feet of cargo with the rear seats folded, which is on par with or better than other vehicles in the category." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The interior offers a decent amount of storage for small items like chargers, phones and wallets." --Edmunds
- "Interior storage is little better than average, though besides the usual cupholders, there are a couple of handy trays in the console." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Next Steps: Land Rover LR2
- View the best prices for the 2015 Land Rover LR2
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Land Rover LR2
- Search used Land Rover LR2 for sale (693 listings)
- See Luxury Compact SUVs rankings