2008 Land Rover LR3 Review
The LR3 has acceptable on-road handing, very good braking, and exceptional off-road capabilities. Though it can't match the power and reliability of others in its class, it still ranks in the top half.
Auto writers find that the Land Rover LR3 offers solid handling, versatile passenger/cargo room, and many standard convenience and safety features. However, competitors offer better reliability, fuel economy, and power. Still, Automobile Magazine says the LR3 distinguishes itself from more car-like competitors "with more tanklike architecture and as many toys as Land Rover could squeeze in along with real space for seven adults." Though it ranks near the middle of the luxury midsize SUV class, the LR's off-road prowess puts it near the top when compared to other off-road SUVs.
The LR3 -- which until the 2005 ground-up redesign was called Discovery -- is available in two separate trim levels, SE and HSE, with one V8 engine. Three-row seating is newly standard for 2008.
- "The LR3 in an impressive achievement. While other mid-luxury SUVs are surrendering off-road competence, the LR3 continues to combine responsive on-road performance with go-anywhere off-road capability in a single comfortable, safe and secure vehicle." -- New Car Test Drive
- "This all-new Land Rover, the first to be developed since Ford Motor Co. purchased the company, is a solid piece of work. It is comfortable, luxurious and roomy. Motor Trend magazine chose it SUV of the Year." -- The Family Car
- "The LR3, in fact, may be the most configurable vehicle I've ever driven. There are more choices than most people will know what to do with." -- U.S. News reviewer Rick Newman
Next Steps: Land Rover LR3
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Land Rover LR3 for sale (210 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Land Rover LR3
- View Land Rover LR3 Photos
- See Luxury Midsize SUVs rankings