Land Rover LR4 Review
The 2015 Land Rover LR4 ranks 14 out of 18 Luxury Midsize SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Land Rover LR4, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Land Rover LR4 is ranked:
The 2015 Land Rover LR4 has substandard fuel economy and isn't as agile as a number of its competitors, reviewers say, but it does deliver remarkable off-road capability and a high-end interior.
A supercharged V6 engine powers the 2015 Land Rover LR4 and has good power, critics say, but they point out the LR4's considerable weight prevents exceptionally fast acceleration. The standard eight-speed automatic transmission is responsive and gets maximum use of the engine's available power, test drivers say. The LR4's fuel economy is rated at 15/19 mpg city/highway by the EPA, which is low for the class. Reviewers agree that the LR4 sets itself apart from most rivals with incredible off-road capability. Most critics think that the LR4 rides comfortably and has composed handling, but that many competitors offer better driving dynamics for day-to-day driving.
Automotive journalists write the 2015 Land Rover LR4's interior design is elegant and made with premium materials. They say the LR4's driving position is excellent, with outstanding outward visibility from the front seats. The LR4 can seat up to seven people with the optional third row installed, but reviewers say it's more appropriate for children. The LR4 has a good amount of overall cargo space for the class. Standard features in the 2015 LR4 include Bluetooth, a rearview camera, rear parking sensors, a USB port and an 11-speaker Meridian audio system with a 7-inch touch screen. Options include navigation, a 360-degree camera system, a rear-seat entertainment system, InControl Apps smartphone integration and navigation. Several auto journalists note that the LR4's touch-screen infotainment system isn't as advanced as the systems found in rivals, with sluggish responses to inputs, complicated menus and a small screen.
- "When used primarily as an on-road vehicle, the LR4 delivers decent passenger and cargo room, along with high levels of luxury and refinement. Ultimately, the LR4 is challenged in the marketplace by perceptions more than reality, along with its hefty sticker price and thirst for premium-grade gasoline." -- Consumer Guide
- "Though not without faults, the 2015 Land Rover LR4 is a solid choice for a luxury SUV, offering the expected off-road chops along with a top-notch interior and a somewhat more fuel-efficient standard supercharged V6." -- Edmunds
- "The Land Rover LR4 is a full-size SUV with impressive off-road and towing capabilities and enough room to seat seven passengers in comfort." -- Left Lane News
Land Rover LR4 Pictures & Videos
Other SUVs to Consider
According to test drivers, the Porsche Cayenne has an opulent interior and very nimble handling. They like its range of powerful engine options, including a diesel engine that helps the Cayenne return excellent fuel economy for the class.
The Land Rover Range Rover Sport costs a bit more than the LR4, but reviewers say it has a good balance of ride comfort and nimble handling, in addition to great off-road capability. The Range Rover Sport gets better fuel economy than the LR4, and is available with a supercharged V8 that test drivers say delivers incredibly quick acceleration.
Details: 2015 Land Rover LR4
The 2015 Land Rover LR4 has standard four-wheel drive and it seats five, though an optional third row boosts seating capacity to seven. A supercharged 3.0-liter V6 engine and eight-speed automatic transmission are standard. Three trims are offered: base, HSE and HSE LUX. The LR4 received a new engine in the 2014 model year but is otherwise largely unchanged from 2010. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2010 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Land Rover LR4
- View the best prices for the 2015 Land Rover LR4
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Land Rover LR4
- Search used Land Rover LR4 for sale (656 listings)
- See Luxury Midsize SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals