Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Review
The 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque ranks 12 out of 17 Luxury Compact SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque is ranked:
It may deliver a solid off-road experience and upscale cabin, but reviewers also say the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque's outward visibility isn't good, its infotainment controls aren't responsive and its cargo space and rear-seat headroom are limited.
A turbocharged four-cylinder engine powers the 2015 Range Rover Evoque, and most reviewers find it delivers ample power for accelerating from a stop and highway passing. The Evoque comes standard with a nine-speed automatic transmission. At an EPA-estimated 21/30 mpg city/highway, the Evoque earns decent fuel economy for the class. According to auto journalists, the Evoque has a firm ride and poised handling. Additionally, they agree that the Evoque is one of the best off-roaders in the class, with the ability to tackle muddy, rutted roads with ease.
The 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque's interior impresses critics with its lush materials and hushed environment. Automotive writers find the front seats comfortable, but they say the SUV's slim windows and big exterior mirrors can interfere with forward visibility. They also report that head- and legroom in the rear seats are cramped. The Evoque has fairly low cargo space for the class. Standard features in the Evoque include a rearview camera, Bluetooth, two USB ports, front and rear parking sensors and an 11-speaker Meridian audio system with an 8-inch touch screen. Options include a five-camera surround camera system, a 17-speaker Meridian audio system, adaptive cruise control, parallel park assist and blind spot monitoring. According to critics, the Evoque's touch screen can be slow to respond and its menus are confusing.
- "If you're smitten by the 2015 Evoque's stunning looks, we understand. Otherwise, though, it's tough to recommend this Brit over its talented international rivals." -- Edmunds
- "There's always a price to be paid for being fashionable, and in the case of the 2015 Evoque luxury SUV from Land Rover, that price is a cramped rear seat and diminished cargo space." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "But seriously the Evoque is pretty good. Go ahead and get one." -- Jalopnik (2013)
Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Pictures & Videos
Other SUVs to Consider
Reviewers say the Lincoln MKC has ample engine power, sporty handling and an attractive cabin. Test drivers are impressed with the MKC's quiet cabin at speed and note that it rides comfortably.
The Acura RDX has ample rear-seat space, according to reviewers, and it offers more cargo space than the Evoque. Critics like its straightforward navigation and audio controls, and they say its standard V6 engine feels very responsive.
Details: 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
The 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque seats up to five, has standard four-wheel drive and is available in either a two- or four-door body style. A turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine and a nine-speed automatic transmission are standard. There are seven trim levels, ranging from the base Pure trim to the top Autobiography Dynamic trim. The Evoque is largely unchanged since it debuted for the 2012 model year. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2012 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
- View the best prices for the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
- Search used Land Rover Range Rover Evoque for sale (471 listings)
- See Luxury Compact SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals