Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Interior
The 2014 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque draws praise from reviewers for its first-rate interior material quality and attractive cabin design. Test drivers appreciate luxurious touches like aluminum trim and a gear selection knob that electronically rises out of the console. Due to the overall shape of the Evoque and its tapered roofline, test drivers note that there is limited rear-seat space, outward visibility and cargo space.
- "The Evoque has several characteristics setting it apart from the competition. Perhaps the most notable is its interior, which features excellent build quality, fine materials and pleasing aesthetics. Even in the base model, the Evoque's interior is stunning, with soft-touch materials, brushed aluminum trim and an automatic gear selector that rises out of the center console." -- AutoTrader
- "Material quality is excellent, and the details like buttons and switches have a quality feel." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "And, yes, the interior is very nice. Attractive layout, good build quality, nice materials." -- AutoWeek (2013)
- "Everything feels nice and even smells nice, too. At stop lights I would run my hand over the leather-wrapped top of the dashboard just because." -- Jalopnik (2013)
Both the two- and four-door Evoque seat five and partial leather upholstery and power-adjustable front seats are standard. The two-door Evoque is available with two-person rear seating. Seating options on both the two- and four-door models include upgraded leather upholstery, heated front and rear seats and a heated steering wheel. Test drivers say the Evoque's front seats offer plenty of support, space and comfort, though critics note that outward visibility is fairly poor. Most agree that the rear seats are rather cramped, with limited head- and legroom and that overall, the rear quarters feel closed in.
- "The seats are comfortable yet supportive, and passenger space is good though a little tight in back. Sitting three across is strictly short-term." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Headroom and legroom are tight in the rear seat, and the dramatically sloping roof line imparts a semi-claustrophobic feel and impedes rear visibility." -- Edmunds
- "The styling suggests an interior compromise, and while there's some, it isn't nearly what I'd expected. With 40.3 inches of headroom - an increase of 0.1 inch - the front seats are roomy enough for someone in the 6-foot-tall range." -- Cars.com (2012)
- "You pay other prices for the Evoque's stylish appearance. The windshield and rear and side windows are narrow, limiting the driver's ability to see out. Designers compensated by giving the Evoque extra-large side mirrors, but the tradeoff is that the driver's side mirror is so big it's difficult to see pedestrians in the crosswalk when you make left turns." -- BusinessWeek (2012)
Standard features on the Range Rover Evoque include front and rear parking sensors, a rearview camera, automatic climate control, two USB ports, an 8-inch touch-screen display, Bluetooth and a Meridian audio system. Optional features include navigation, a panoramic sunroof, blind spot monitoring, a surround camera system that uses five cameras to give a 360-degree view around the vehicle, a 17-speaker Meridian sound system, satellite radio, HD Radio and adaptive cruise control.
Reviewers say that the Evoque's touch screen that controls stereo and climate settings is fairly straightforward, though some find that it doesn't always respond quickly to inputs. Test drivers are impressed with the sound quality of the 17-speaker Meridian stereo system, and like that the optional surround camera system gives a display of what is happening behind the vehicle even when the transmission is not in reverse.
- "The standard 8-inch central touchscreen controls most infotainment and climate control functions and is easy enough to use, if sometimes slow to respond." -- Edmunds
- "The Evoque's power tailgate worked fine, and the backup camera was pretty convenient, but the main 8" touchscreen wasn't super easy to use and nor was the interface intuitive." -- Jalopnik (2013)
- "The vehicle electronics network is fiber optic and coordinates the touch-screen and voice-command features that control the car's many entertainment and communications devices without needless control clutter. High-end audio with up to 17 speakers is supplied by Meridian, a company that claims to have invented surround sound, and it sounds brilliant." -- AutoWeek (2012)
- "A backup camera and front and rear sonar parking sensors are standard. If that isn't enough for you, consider one of the option packages that includes the Surround Camera System: It has five cameras, including, most notably, one of the first true rearview cameras on the market. (It's not just a backup camera that comes on when the transmission's in Reverse, this one can display a rear view on the center touch-screen the whole time you're driving forward.)" -- Cars.com (2012)
The four-door Range Rover Evoque has 20.3 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats and 51 with them folded, which is low for the class. The two-door Evoque has 19.4 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear row and 47.6 with the rear row folded. Test drivers note that the Evoque has sufficient cargo space for a trip to the grocery store, but fitting larger items in the back may be more of a challenge.
- "Cargo space is OK in both models with fold-down rear seats adding some room for loads, but the rakish, tapering body design does squeeze space." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "That's not necessarily a bad thing, mind you; it's just that the sharply angled hatch reduces cargo space to the point where an equal-size sedan would probably offer more actual load capability." -- AutoWeek (2013)
- "I could manage a small trip to Costco or a decent-sized grocery trip without effort, but a double stroller and heck, maybe a single stroller depending on the size, might cause strife. The 60/40-split rear seats will ease some cargo issues if you don't mind losing the passenger space." -- Cars.com (2012)
Next Steps: Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
- View the best prices for the 2014 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
- Search used Land Rover Range Rover Evoque for sale (834 listings)
- See Luxury Compact SUVs rankings