Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Interior
According to test drivers, the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque has an opulent cabin and an abundance of soft-touch materials. They note that the switchgear feels finely crafted and say that features like the shift knob, which electronically rises out of the center console, further impart an upscale vibe. The front seats are supportive, but outward visibility is compromised by small windows, reviewers say, and headroom is limited in the rear seats. Additionally, the Evoque's cargo space is fairly low for the class, and critics say that the touch-screen audio controls can be slow to respond.
- "The Evoque has several characteristics setting it apart from the competition. Perhaps the most notable is its interior, which features excellent build quality, fine materials and pleasing aesthetics. Even in the base model, the Evoque's interior is stunning, with soft-touch materials, brushed aluminum trim and an automatic gear selector that rises out of the center console." -- AutoTrader
- "Contrasting with the flashy exterior of the 2015 Range Rover Evoque luxury SUV is a simple-laid-out interior. Material quality is excellent, and the details like buttons and switches have a quality feel." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The integration of the large, 8-inch touchscreen in the center of the dash is superb, and the uncluttered, steeply angled center stack is effective and eye-pleasing. Add to that the daily delight in watching the transmission selector's rotary knob rise from the center console (a Jaguar/Land Rover signature) and the rich seat and dashboard material combinations, and you've got an interior that's a visual and tactile delight." -- Edmunds
- "Everything feels nice and even smells nice, too. At stop lights I would run my hand over the leather-wrapped top of the dashboard just because." -- Jalopnik (2013)
Both the two- and four-door Evoque seat five, and partial leather upholstery and power-adjustable front seats are standard. The two-door model is available with a pair or rear bucket seats in place of the standard bench. Upgraded leather upholstery, heated front and rear seats and a heated steering wheel are available. According to auto journalists, the front seats are supportive and comfortable. However, a number of critics note that outward visibility is compromised by the doors' high sill, and they add that the side mirrors are very large, which can obstruct the view to the front and sides of the SUV. Reviewers comment that rear-seat legroom and headroom is limited and that it can be tricky to access the two-door model's rear seats.
- "The seats are comfortable yet supportive, and passenger space is good though a little tight in back. Sitting three across is strictly short-term. Accessing that rear seat is obviously more challenging in the 3-door." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Interior space is at a premium, even by compact-crossover standards. Front passengers will be just fine, but those in back are left with stingy head- and legroom, as well as awkward ingress and egress in the two-door model. Also, the squashed windows mean it's fairly dark back there." -- Edmunds
- "You pay other prices for the Evoque's stylish appearance. The windshield and rear and side windows are narrow, limiting the driver's ability to see out. Designers compensated by giving the Evoque extra-large side mirrors, but the tradeoff is that the driver's side mirror is so big it's difficult to see pedestrians in the crosswalk when you make left turns." -- BusinessWeek (2012)
The 2015 Range Rover Evoque comes standard with Bluetooth, a rearview camera, front and rear parking sensors, two USB ports and an 11-speaker Meridian audio system with an 8-inch touch screen. New for 2015 is a standard InControl Apps smartphone integration system for compatible iPhone and Android devices. Options include a panoramic sunroof, a surround camera system that uses five cameras to provide a 360-degree view around the vehicle, navigation, a 17-speaker Meridian audio system, adaptive cruise control, forward collision alert, blind spot monitoring, parallel park assist, satellite radio and HD Radio.
Reviewers comment that the Evoque's touch screen can be slow to respond and its menus are confusing. They report that the optional 17-speaker Meridian audio system delivers incredible sound.
- "Less delightful is the touchscreen's menu interface, which is sometimes slower on the uptake than top rival systems." -- Edmunds
- "The Evoque's power tailgate worked fine, and the backup camera was pretty convenient, but the main 8" touchscreen wasn't super easy to use and nor was the interface intuitive." -- Jalopnik (2013)
- "High-end audio with up to 17 speakers is supplied by Meridian, a company that claims to have invented surround sound, and it sounds brilliant." -- AutoWeek (2012)
The four-door Range Rover Evoque has 20.3 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats and 51 with them folded, which is fairly low for the class. The two-door model has 19.4 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear row and 47.6 with the rear row folded. In either model, test drivers say that the sloping roof design limits the Evoque’s cargo space. They mention there is sufficient space for groceries, but think that larger items like strollers won't fit very well.
- "Cargo space is okay in both models with fold-down rear seats adding some room for loads, but the rakish, tapering body design does squeeze space." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "As you might expect, the Evoque's shape and comparatively compact footprint don't leave much room for cargo." -- Edmunds
- "That's not necessarily a bad thing, mind you; it's just that the sharply angled hatch reduces cargo space to the point where an equal-size sedan would probably offer more actual load capability." -- AutoWeek (2013)
- "I could manage a small trip to Costco or a decent-sized grocery trip without effort, but a double stroller and heck, maybe a single stroller depending on the size, might cause strife. The 60/40-split rear seats will ease some cargo issues if you don't mind losing the passenger space." -- Cars.com (2012)
Next Steps: Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
- View the best prices for the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
- Search used Land Rover Range Rover Evoque for sale (471 listings)
- See Luxury Compact SUVs rankings