Land Rover Range Rover Sport Review
The 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport ranks 3 out of 18 Luxury Midsize SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Land Rover Range Rover Sport, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport is ranked:
The 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport has a lavish interior, a smooth ride, powerful engines and great off-road capabilities, reviewers agree.
The base Land Rover Range Rover Sport comes with a supercharged V6 engine that most reviewers say offers a good amount of power. However, some critics wish it were a bit more powerful. There are two optional supercharged V8 engines and automotive writers agree that they put down even more robust power for thrilling acceleration. An eight-speed automatic transmission is standard, and automotive journalists point out that it shifts smoothly. With 17/22 mpg city/highway, the base 2015 Range Rover Sport earns lower fuel economy estimates than most rivals. Test drivers say the Range Rover Sport has a comfortable ride, sharp steering and exceptionally athletic handling. Reviewers note that the 2015 Range Rover Sport also excels off-road, with the ability to take on most kinds of terrain with ease.
Critics report that the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport’s cabin has distinguished styling and high-end materials, including real wood and first-rate leather. They say the Range Rover Sport’s first- and second-row seats are exceptionally comfortable and roomy, and that the driver’s seat offers a good view of the road. However, critics note that the optional third row can only comfortably accommodate children, which is common for a three-row SUV. The 2015 Range Rover Sport comes with dual-zone automatic climate control, rear parking sensors, a rearview camera, satellite radio, an eight-speaker stereo, Bluetooth, an 8-inch touch screen, navigation and a USB port. Options include tri- or quad-zone automatic climate control, a surround camera system that provides a 360-degree view around the vehicle to aid with parking maneuvers, a 19-speaker Meridian surround-sound audio system, blind spot monitoring and adaptive cruise control. Although some automotive writers say the Land Rover Range Rover Sport’s infotainment system is straightforward, others complain that it isn’t as easy to use as those in some rivals. With 62.2 cubic feet of overall room, the 2015 Range Rover Sport has limited cargo space for the class.
- “If you're looking for the performance of a Porsche Cayenne with the room and versatility of a full-size luxury SUV, Land Rover's Range Rover Sport SVR for 2015 can give you all this and more. Even the V6 models impress with their performance and features." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Land Rover Range Rover Sport is a more nimble and less expensive alternative to the full-size Range Rover flagship. The Sport boasts the highest level of performance ever offered on a Range Rover and it offers occasional-use third-row seating, a first on a Range Rover-badged vehicle." -- Left Lane News
- "Stylish, athletic and luxurious, and with an optional third-row seat to boot, the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport is a well-rounded premium SUV." -- Edmunds
- "If you're in the market for a luxury SUV, the 2014 Land Rover Range Rover Sport is a perfect blend of luxury, performance and off-road capability." -- MSN (2014)
Other SUVs to Consider
Reviewers say the BMW X5 has powerful engine options and sharp handling. They agree that the X5 has a luxurious cabin that features high-quality materials and a user-friendly infotainment system.
The Porsche Cayenne impresses test drivers with its powerful engines and exceptionally quick acceleration. They agree that it’s one of the best-handling SUVs in the class. Automotive writers also note that its cabin has roomy, comfortable seats.
Details: 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport
The 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport seats five, and an optional third row boosts seating capacity to seven. Full-time four-wheel drive and a supercharged 3.0-liter V6 engine are standard, and the choice of two supercharged 5.0-liter V8 engines are available. An eight-speed automatic transmission is standard in all models. The Range Rover Sport comes in five trims: SE, HSE, Supercharged, Autobiography and SVR. The Range Rover Sport was fully redesigned for 2014, and aside from the new SVR trim, sees few changes for 2015. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from 2014 and 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Land Rover Range Rover Sport
- View the best prices for the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport
- Search used Land Rover Range Rover Sport for sale (2,403 listings)
- See Luxury Midsize SUVs rankings