Land Rover Range Rover Sport Interior
Reviewers feel that the cabin of the Range Rover Sport lives up to its price tag, with luxurious materials and an impressive fit and finish. Some writers feel that the Range Rover Sport falls behind its competitors when it comes to its list of standard features, and they mention a lack of space for cargo and rear-seat passengers, partly thanks to the Sport’s slanted rear window.
- "Interior materials are of high quality, and the assembly job looks first rate. The tasteful and understated cabin tends to look more upscale outdoorsy than uptown opulent, but nothing seems out of place and the wood trim adds a bit of warmth.” -- Consumer Guide
- "The interior is beautifully made and tightly finished: sumptuous, comfortable, and quiet." -- New Car Test Drive
- "Practical matters to be considered also include mediocre storage space and stunted rear headroom.” -- Edmunds
The Range Rover Sport can hold up to five people in seats that most reviewers generally like. They mention that the front seats are supportive, but may be a bit confining for larger people. Back seat space is adequate for adults, although most reviewers mentioned that it’s a little short on head and leg room.
- "(Front seat) Headroom is adequate, but larger folk may wish for a bit more wiggle room. The firm and astutely contoured seats provide excellent support and the drive position is fine.” -- Consumer Guide
- "And though headroom might be scant back there for taller passengers, they will enjoy the high-grade leather upholstery and elegant cabin accents that include walnut and Anigre wood, or black lacquer.” -- Edmunds
- "The seats are very supportive and comfortable for the long haul, with careful high bolstering." -- New Car Test Drive
The cabin of the Range Rover Sport is full of luxurious materials, but doesn’t come standard with as many high-tech goods as competitors. All models come standard with Bluetooth connectivity, push-button start and a touch screen that controls navigation, audio and climate functions. Reviewers say that while the touch screen may be small and awkwardly placed, shoppers may decide it’s easier to use than offerings from other luxury automakers like Mercedes-Benz and BMW. Features like satellite and HD radio are all optional on base HSE trims, though they come standard even on affordable small cars like the Scion tC.
- "Its console and switchgear are thoroughly modern, as is its thin-film dash display, which presents essential -- and customizable -- driver and vehicle information through graphics and virtual gauges.” -- Edmunds
- "Gauges are clearly marked and easy to read, as is the analog clock. Most major controls are easy to locate and operate, though some markings are puzzling. Some secondary controls are accessed through the navigation system's touch screen. The touch screen is small and awkwardly angled, making operation and navigation programming more difficult than it should be.” -- Consumer Guide
The Range Rover Sport’s maximum 71 cubic feet of cargo space is about average for the class, and reviewers say its in-cabin storage is pretty good, too. With all seats in use, the Range Rover Sport can still hold 33.8 cubic feet of gear. The Range Rover Sport’s big brother, the Land Rover Range Rover, doesn’t add much cargo space; it can only hold about 3 cubic feet more than the Sport.
- "The tailgate opens up to a station-wagon sized cargo bay. Folding the rear seat creates a relatively long and flat load floor. A double-tier glovebox and a handful of bins contribute to good small-item storage, but thirsty riders may wish the door pockets offered additional drink holders.” -- Consumer Guide
- "For a vehicle that leads its class on several counts, the Range Rover Sport rates only average in cargo capacity with 71 cubic feet available. Its sloping rear window can also hamper the loading of bulky items.” -- Edmunds
Next Steps: Land Rover Range Rover Sport
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Land Rover Range Rover Sport for sale (886 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Land Rover Range Rover Sport
- View Land Rover Range Rover Sport Photos
- See Luxury Midsize SUVs rankings