Land Rover Range Rover Sport Review
The 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport ranks 7 out of 17 Luxury Midsize SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Land Rover Range Rover Sport, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport is ranked:
Automotive journalists concur that the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport has excellent off-road capabilities, potent engines, a smooth ride and a luxurious cabin.
A supercharged V6 engine powers the base 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport and produces decent punch, test drivers find, though some wish it were a tad more powerful. The Range Rover Sport can be outfitted with one of two available supercharged V8 engines, either of which critics say will produce heartier power and swifter acceleration. The standard eight-speed automatic transmission provides smooth shifts, reviewers report. With 17/22 mpg city/highway, the base 2015 Range Rover Sport earns lower fuel-economy estimates than most rivals. Test drivers say the Range Rover Sport has a comfortable ride, sharp steering and exceptionally athletic handling. Reviewers note that the 2015 Range Rover Sport also excels off-road, with the ability to take on most kinds of terrain with ease.
The Range Rover Sport can navigate family life as easily as it navigates rugged trails. It has the best combination of space, safety and reliability ratings and available family-friendly features in its class. It's our 2015 Best Luxury 3-Row Midsize SUV for Families.
The 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport is handsomely styled and built with first-rate materials such as premium leather and real wood, test drivers say. They find the first- and second-row seats spacious and supportive, and they add that the driver's seat delivers a commanding view of the road. Reviewers say the third-row seats, however, are better suited for children, a common complaint with three-row SUVs in this class. The 2015 Range Rover Sport comes with dual-zone automatic climate control, rear parking sensors, a rearview camera, satellite radio, an eight-speaker stereo, Bluetooth, an 8-inch touch screen, navigation and a USB port. Options include tri- or quad-zone automatic climate control, a surround camera system that provides a 360-degree view around the vehicle to aid with parking maneuvers, a 19-speaker Meridian surround-sound audio system, blind spot monitoring and adaptive cruise control. Although some automotive writers say the Land Rover Range Rover Sport’s infotainment system is straightforward, others complain that it isn’t as easy to use as those in some rivals. With 62.2 cubic feet of overall room, the 2015 Range Rover Sport has limited cargo space for the class.
- “If you're looking for the performance of a Porsche Cayenne with the room and versatility of a full-size luxury SUV, Land Rover's Range Rover Sport SVR for 2015 can give you all this and more. Even the V6 models impress with their performance and features." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Land Rover Range Rover Sport is a more nimble and less expensive alternative to the full-size Range Rover flagship. The Sport boasts the highest level of performance ever offered on a Range Rover and it offers occasional-use third-row seating, a first on a Range Rover-badged vehicle." -- Left Lane News
- "Stylish, athletic and luxurious, and with an optional third-row seat to boot, the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport is a well-rounded premium SUV." -- Edmunds
- "If you're in the market for a luxury SUV, the 2014 Land Rover Range Rover Sport is a perfect blend of luxury, performance and off-road capability." -- MSN (2014)
Other SUVs to Consider
Reviewers say the BMW X5 has powerful engine options and sharp handling. They agree that the X5 has a luxurious cabin that features high-quality materials and a user-friendly infotainment system.
The Porsche Cayenne impresses test drivers with its powerful engines and exceptionally quick acceleration. They agree that it’s one of the best-handling SUVs in the class. Automotive writers also note that its cabin has roomy, comfortable seats.
Details: 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport
The 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport seats five, and an optional third row boosts seating capacity to seven. Full-time four-wheel drive and a supercharged 3.0-liter V6 engine are standard, and the choice of two supercharged 5.0-liter V8 engines are available. An eight-speed automatic transmission is standard in all models. The Range Rover Sport comes in five trims: SE, HSE, Supercharged, Autobiography and SVR. The Range Rover Sport was fully redesigned for 2014, and aside from the new SVR trim, sees few changes for 2015. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from 2014 and 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Land Rover Range Rover Sport
- View the best prices for the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport
- Search used Land Rover Range Rover Sport for sale (2,403 listings)
- See Luxury Midsize SUVs rankings