Land Rover Range Rover Review
The 2015 Land Rover Range Rover ranks 2 out of 6 Luxury Large SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Land Rover Range Rover, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Land Rover Range Rover is ranked:
The 2015 Land Rover Range Rover impresses automotive writers with excellent off-road ability, quick acceleration and one of the most luxurious interiors in the class.
The 2015 Range Rover comes standard with a supercharged V6 engine that produces decently quick acceleration, according to test drivers. A supercharged V8 is available, and reviewers think it delivers incredible acceleration. An eight-speed automatic transmission is standard, and critics are impressed with its quick shifts. The 2015 Range Rover with the V6 engine gets 17/23 mpg city/highway, according to the EPA, which is very good for the class. Auto writers report that the Range Rover is incredibly agile off-road, as well as composed and comfortable on the pavement. They think it has impressive handling for a large SUV, with little body lean in turns. Some auto journalists think the steering feels a little heavy at highway speeds. They are impressed by the Range Rover’s strong brakes.
The 2015 Land Rover Range Rover has one of the most luxurious interiors in the class, according to reviewers, with impressive materials covering every corner of the cabin. They praise the outward visibility and comfortable front seats. The rear seats are also comfortable, and extended-wheelbase models can easily sit the tallest of passengers, auto journalists write. The Range Rover has less cargo space than most other luxury large SUVs, but most rivals have three rows of seats. Standard features include navigation, tri-zone automatic climate control, an 8-inch touch-screen display, leather upholstery, front and rear parking sensors, a 13-speaker Meridian audio system, a rearview camera and Bluetooth. Available features include 19- or 29-speaker Meridian audio systems, a rear-seat DVD entertainment system, a surround-view camera system, a refrigerated front center console, quad-zone automatic climate control, adaptive cruise control and a new driver assistance package that includes lane departure warning and parallel park assist. Critics think the touch-screen display is confusing and can respond slowly to user commands, but they applaud the rich sound quality of any of the available Meridian sound systems.
- "Powerful, comfortable and surprisingly agile for its size, the Land Rover Range Rover is the ultimate expression of ruggedness and comfort wrapped in a very seductive shell." -- AutoTrader
- "If you're looking for the pinnacle of full-size SUV luxury, you'll find it in the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover." -- Edmunds
- "The Range Rover is the flagship of the Land Rover lineup. It wears a decades-old nameplate that is immediately associated with exquisite luxury, British style and eyebrow-raising off-road capacity." -- Left Lane News
- "The 2014 Range Rover represents the pinnacle of Land Rover's lineup, and offers among the best combination of off-road ability and on-road comfort of any vehicle. While that former trait comes as no surprise given Land Rover's heritage of trekking to the ends of the Earth, it's that latter characteristic that is such a welcome surprise in a stout SUV." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
Other SUVs to Consider
The Cadillac Escalade comes standard with a V8 engine that test drivers say delivers seamless power and quick acceleration. They report that the Escalade has a quiet cabin. It also can seat up to eight and has much more cargo space than the Range Rover.
Reviewers are impressed with the Mercedes-Benz G-Class’ off-roading ability and powerful V8 engine. They also report that the G-Class has a top-notch interior with superior build quality, as well as an easy-to-use infotainment system.
Details: 2015 Land Rover Range Rover
The 2015 Land Rover Range Rover seats five and comes standard with permanent four-wheel drive. A supercharged 3.0-liter V6 is standard and a supercharged 5.0-liter V8 is optional. An eight-speed automatic transmission is paired with either engine. The Range Rover comes in either standard- or long-wheelbase configurations. There are five trims: base, HSE, Supercharged, Autobiography and Autobiography Black. The Range Rover was fully redesigned for the 2013 model year and receives minor updates for 2015. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2013 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Land Rover Range Rover
- View the best prices for the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover
- Search used Land Rover Range Rover for sale (1,898 listings)
- See Luxury Large SUVs rankings