Land Rover Range Rover Review
The 2015 Land Rover Range Rover ranks 5 out of 9 Luxury Large SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Land Rover Range Rover, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Land Rover Range Rover is ranked:
Reviewers write that the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover has one of the most opulent cabins in its class, and they are also impressed with its acceleration and off-road capability.
According to automotive journalists, the 2015 Range Rover's standard supercharged V6 engine delivers respectable acceleration, and critics note that the available supercharged V8's acceleration is spectacular. Acceleration in both models is aided by the Range Rover's standard eight-speed automatic transmission, which reviewers say delivers rapid gear changes. The 2015 Range Rover with the V6 engine gets 17/23 mpg city/highway, according to the EPA, which is very good for the class. Auto writers report that the Range Rover is incredibly agile off-road, as well as composed and comfortable on the pavement. They think it has impressive handling for a large SUV, with little body lean in turns. Some auto journalists think the steering feels a little heavy at highway speeds. They are impressed by the Range Rover’s strong brakes.
Test drivers report that the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover's cabin is decked out from top to bottom in first-rate materials, which help make the Range Rover's interior one of the most opulent in the class. Reviewers say the front seats offer superb comfort and excellent outward visibility. They add that the back seats are also a pleasant place to spend time, especially if you're in one of the extended wheelbase models, which can comfortably accommodate even the tallest of occupants. The Range Rover has less cargo space than most other luxury large SUVs, but most rivals have three rows of seats. Standard features include navigation, tri-zone automatic climate control, an 8-inch touch-screen display, leather upholstery, front and rear parking sensors, a 13-speaker Meridian audio system, a rearview camera and Bluetooth. Available features include 19- or 29-speaker Meridian audio systems, a rear-seat DVD entertainment system, a surround-view camera system, a refrigerated front center console, quad-zone automatic climate control, adaptive cruise control and a new driver assistance package that includes lane departure warning and parallel park assist. Critics think the touch-screen display is confusing and can respond slowly to user commands, but they applaud the rich sound quality of any of the available Meridian sound systems.
- "Powerful, comfortable and surprisingly agile for its size, the Land Rover Range Rover is the ultimate expression of ruggedness and comfort wrapped in a very seductive shell." -- AutoTrader
- "If you're looking for the pinnacle of full-size SUV luxury, you'll find it in the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover." -- Edmunds
- "The Range Rover is the flagship of the Land Rover lineup. It wears a decades-old nameplate that is immediately associated with exquisite luxury, British style and eyebrow-raising off-road capacity." -- Left Lane News
- "The 2014 Range Rover represents the pinnacle of Land Rover's lineup, and offers among the best combination of off-road ability and on-road comfort of any vehicle. While that former trait comes as no surprise given Land Rover's heritage of trekking to the ends of the Earth, it's that latter characteristic that is such a welcome surprise in a stout SUV." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
Land Rover Range Rover Pictures & Videos
Other SUVs to Consider
The Cadillac Escalade comes standard with a V8 engine that test drivers say delivers seamless power and quick acceleration. They report that the Escalade has a quiet cabin. It also can seat up to eight and has much more cargo space than the Range Rover.
Reviewers are impressed with the Mercedes-Benz G-Class’ off-roading ability and powerful V8 engine. They also report that the G-Class has a top-notch interior with superior build quality, as well as an easy-to-use infotainment system.
Details: 2015 Land Rover Range Rover
The 2015 Land Rover Range Rover seats five and comes standard with permanent four-wheel drive. A supercharged 3.0-liter V6 is standard and a supercharged 5.0-liter V8 is optional. An eight-speed automatic transmission is paired with either engine. The Range Rover comes in either standard- or long-wheelbase configurations. There are five trims: base, HSE, Supercharged, Autobiography and Autobiography Black. The Range Rover was fully redesigned for the 2013 model year and receives minor updates for 2015. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2013 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Land Rover Range Rover
- View the best prices for the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover
- Search used Land Rover Range Rover for sale (1,898 listings)
- See Luxury Large SUVs rankings