2008 Land Rover Range Rover Review
The Range Rover is widely viewed as one of the finest luxury vehicles built today, and its smooth on-road and rugged off-road performance are seen by many as best-in-class. However, Land Rover's spotty reliability record detracts from its overall appeal.
With luxury and performance to spare, reviewers are almost unanimous in saying that the Land Rover Range Rover is a wonderful full-size luxury SUV, among the finest overall luxury vehicles on the road. Not only does it ride and handle well on the city streets, it has class-leading off-road capabilities. Since the Range Rover got several changes last year, it gets only minor interior tweaks for 2008. The Range Rover comes in two trims. The HSE base model features a 305-horsepower V8 engine and the Supercharged model features a more powerful 400-hp V8. Conventional wisdom says that if you can afford a Range Rover, you can also probably afford to fill it up -- but buyers may want to note that the Range Rover's gas mileage is in the middle of the class, and the SUV requires premium fuel.
- "A beautifully executed amalgam of old-money luxury sedan and Land Rover's rugged, go-anywhere capability." -- Car and Driver
- "One of the few luxury cars that is actually worth its asking price." -- The Family Car
- "The Range Rover blends conflicting functions by offering supreme luxury and extreme off-road ruggedness. Few other SUVs offer such high levels of both. The trade-off is a steep price." -- Forbes
Next Steps: Land Rover Range Rover
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Land Rover Range Rover for sale (956 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Land Rover Range-Rover
- View Land Rover Range Rover Photos
- See Luxury Large SUVs rankings