Land Rover Range Rover Interior
Automotive journalists report that the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover has a top-notch interior, with high-quality materials covering almost every inch of the cabin. They say that every passenger sits comfortably, especially in the long-wheelbase model.
- "The Range Rover's cabin is as elegant as the penthouse suite at a chic hotel, with a half-industrial, half-posh vibe that's unlike anything else on the market." -- Edmunds
- "Though tough on the outside, the 2014 Range Rover's interior is soft and luxurious." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "Interiors don't get much nicer than this. Virtually every surface is either padded with leather or covered with wood or bright trim." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "Range Rover has moved the needle to yet richer and more exclusive materials and design, even as it has simplified the cabin and cockpit environment." -- The Wall Street Journal (2013)
- "The inside of this car is superb. It's a great place to spend time whether you're in the front or the back." -- Jalopnik (2013)
Land Rover Range Rover Pictures
The Land Rover Range Rover seats five and comes standard with leather upholstery, 10-way power-adjustable front seats, heated front seats and a heated steering wheel. Available features include power-adjustable rear seats, higher-quality leather, cooled front seats with massage and cooled rear seats. A long-wheelbase model is available, which adds over 7 inches of rear-seat legroom. Test drivers think the Range Rover has comfortable front seats and that outward visibility is excellent. Multiple critics also mention that the headrests are incredibly soft, which is rare praise. They say that rear-seat legroom is acceptable in the standard Range Rover, but that long-wheelbase models can easily accommodate passengers.
- "We also love the super-high command driving position -- a traditional Range Rover strength that happily persists here." -- AutoTrader
- "Rear seat headroom and legroom are certainly adequate in standard-wheelbase Range Rovers, but tall passengers may find the rear quarters a bit snug. That's where the long-wheelbase Range Rover comes in. With more than 7 inches of extra rear legroom and additional seatback recline, even NBA centers can relax and enjoy the ride." -- Edmunds
- "Even the cloud-like headrests will make you feel like royalty." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "The big bucket seats are comfortable on- and off-road, and the view outward is commanding." -- AutoWeek (2013)
- "Headrests don't normally warrant a mention, but these were so soft they seemed stuffed with chinchilla fur." -- Los Angeles Times (2013)
The 2015 Range Rover comes standard with navigation, tri-zone automatic climate control, an 8-inch touch-screen display, front and rear parking sensors, a 13-speaker Meridian audio system, a USB port, a rearview camera and Bluetooth. Available features include 19- or 29-speaker Meridian audio systems, a rear-seat DVD entertainment system, a surround-view camera system, a refrigerated front center console, quad-zone climate control, adaptive cruise control and a new driver assistance package that includes lane departure warning and parallel park assist.
Auto writers complain that the touch screen that controls the audio, navigation and some climate functions is overly complicated and can respond slowly to user commands. They think the Meridian audio systems all deliver excellent sound quality, no matter the speaker count.
- "While you can't go wrong with any of the Meridian audio systems, we're partial to the 29-speaker version, mainly because we'd greatly enjoy telling our friends that we have 29 speakers parked in the driveway." -- Edmunds
- "As is now the norm with luxury vehicles, adjusting the audio and climate controls can be confusing. The 8-inch dashboard screen absorbs nearly all audio functions, and too many that should be simple require multiple steps. Climate-system controls are mostly separate, but mode and some minor functions are controlled through the screen, and that likewise makes them harder to change." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "The optional 825-watt, 19-speaker Meridian surround system sounds great. I haven't heard the standard 380-watt, 13-speaker system to know if the louder option is really worth the additional $1,850 cost, but it sounds darn good in its own right." -- CNET (2013)
- "Audio and navigation features are among those consolidated to an 8-inch touch-screen in the middle of the dashboard. The screen responds quickly to most commands, but it slows down when you enter an address into the navigation system." -- Cars.com (2013)
- "Unfortunately, the mechanics of the Range Rover's interior left something to be desired. The touch screen for the navigation and infotainment system was slow and onerous, with counterintuitive menus and commands." -- Los Angeles Times (2013)
The 2015 Range Rover has 32.1 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats and 71.7 cubic feet of space with the rear seats folded. While this is low for the class, most other SUVs in the class have three rows of seating. The long-wheelbase model has 82.8 cubic feet of total cargo space. Critics like the available Intelligent Seat Cargo Mode, which automatically adjusts the front seats to make room for the second row to fold flat. Critics think the Range Rover could use more small-item storage space in the cabin.
- "Optionally leather-lined though it may be, the Range Rover's cargo area is rather modest for this segment. … Folding down the rear seatbacks opens up 71.7 cubic feet, which is decidedly unimpressive for such a large SUV. … We do appreciate the clamshell-style rear hatch with its twin power-operated sections, and it's pretty neat how the Intelligent Seat Cargo Mode saves you from having to slide the front seats forward yourself before powering the rear seatbacks down." -- Edmunds
- "Cargo room is quite good, and though the seat backs can be folded nearly flat to expand it, doing so results in a 1-inch step up from the cargo floor, which makes it more difficult to load bulky objects. Cabin storage could be better. It consists of upper and lower gloveboxes (both rather small), a small but deep console box, two covered cupholders in the console and two in a fold-down rear armrest, and map pockets." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "Two rows of seats hold up to five passengers, and there's still plenty of cargo room in back for luggage." -- Kelley Blue Book (2013)
Next Steps: Land Rover Range Rover
- View the best prices for the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Land Rover Range Rover
- Search used Land Rover Range Rover for sale (1,898 listings)
- See Luxury Large SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals