Lexus ES Interior
Automotive journalists love the 2015 Lexus ES’ quiet, luxurious cabin, which features graceful interior styling, high-end materials and excellent build quality. They say its front seats are comfortable and its rear seat offers generous legroom. Some critics note that the many available audio sources make the stereo complex, and they say the optional navigation system’s Remote Touch controller is difficult to use.
- "The 2015 Lexus ES interior boasts upscale materials and the exacting fit and finish we expect in Lexus vehicles." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Topping things off is a cabin that hits all the right notes when it comes to deluxe elegance, with high-quality materials and exceptional craftsmanship." -- Edmunds
- “But what about luxury, the car's raison d'être? The prerequisites are all accounted for: solid, quiet cabin, acres of rear legroom (4.1 inches more than in the 2012 ES), rear sunshades and wood trim on the dash, doors and steering wheel. In addition to the seats, the dash gets leather, too, and all of the stitching is first-rate." -- AutoWeek (2013)
- "While the previous car's cabin had all the pizzazz of a Holiday Inn Express, the new ES evokes some cues worthy of a boutique hotel." -- Motor Trend (2013)
Lexus ES Pictures
The 2015 Lexus ES 350 seats five and comes standard with NuLuxe faux-leather upholstery and 10-way power-adjustable front seats. Available features include leather upholstery, heated and ventilated front seats, a heated steering wheel, a power tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel and a power rear sunshade. Critics are impressed with the ES 350’s quiet highway ride, spacious front seats and fantastic rear-seat legroom. They say that taller passengers will wish for more headroom in models with the optional panoramic sunroof.
- "Space is ample all around, and 6-footers will be quite content in the comfy front seats. Rear-seat legroom, in particular, is very impressive, though taller occupants will find their heads touching the roof in ES 350s equipped with the optional panoramic sunroof." -- Edmunds
- "If a quiet highway ride is the most important thing to you, then the 2015 Lexus ES is your dream car. Few cars match its silent highway ride, something that applies to both the ES 350 and ES 300h hybrid." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The front seats provide adequate support, while rear-seat passenger space is exemplary, particularly with legroom." -- AutoTrader (2014)
- "It's like a racquetball court back there; so huge, passengers emit giggles and ‘wows!’ as they pile in and stretch their legs in unexpected splendor." -- Motor Trend (2013 rear seats)
Standard features in the 2015 Lexus ES include a rearview camera, a moonroof, push-button start, an eight-speaker audio system, an auxiliary audio jack, a USB port, Bluetooth, satellite radio, HD Radio, Siri iPhone integration and Lexus’ Display Audio infotainment system, which includes a 7-inch screen and a control knob mounted on the center console. Available features include a panoramic moonroof, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, automatic pre-collision braking, parallel park assist, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, lane departure alert, a 15-speaker Mark Levinson surround-sound audio system, the Lexus Enform App Suite (includes smartphone integration for apps like Pandora and OpenTable) and a navigation system with Lexus’ Remote Touch controller, which operates similarly to a computer mouse.
Test drivers say the Lexus ES’ climate controls are straightforward. However, they write that its sound system is more complex because it has so many different types of audio inputs, including USB, Bluetooth and satellite radio. Auto writers report that the optional Remote Touch controller is oversensitive, which makes it difficult to select items on the display screen. Some critics also complain that the optional panoramic sunroof is actually two small windows with poorly designed covers and a large divider between them.
- "The climate controls are simple to use, but the audio system is a little more complicated due to the sheer number of available media types. This is true whether you get the standard Display Audio touchscreen/multipurpose knob controller, or the upgrade Lexus Remote Touch system included with the Navigation package. The latter is essentially a mouselike device that controls a cursor on a large centrally located screen. Although interacting with this interface is very similar to using a computer mouse, the ultra-sensitive nature of the controller can make it clumsy and distracting to use while driving." -- Edmunds
- "The gimmicks continue with an optional panoramic moonroof. It's more like two small roofs separated by a massive divider, with clunky manual sunshades that short drivers won't like yanking." -- Cars.com (2013)
The 2015 Lexus ES 350 has 15.2 cubic feet of trunk space, which is good for an upscale midsize car. It comes standard with a rear-seat pass-through that can be used to fit long, narrow objects into the trunk. A power open-and-close trunk lid is available.
Next Steps: Lexus ES
- View the best prices for the 2015 Lexus ES
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Lexus ES
- Search used Lexus ES for sale (7,227 listings)
- See Upscale Midsize Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals