Lexus GS Review
The 2015 Lexus GS ranks 2 out of 17 Upscale Midsize Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Lexus GS, as well as reliability and safety data.
Test drivers say the 2015 Lexus GS has spry handling, a comfortable ride and a striking, premium interior.
The 2015 Lexus GS 350 has a V6 engine that most critics say has good punch, but a few say the GS 350 is less responsive than rival turbocharged models such as the BMW 535i. The GS 350's fuel economy, at an EPA-estimated 19/29 mpg city/highway, is in line with most six-cylinder competitors. Reviewers appreciate the sporty handling and precise steering the GS 350 delivers. The F Sport package, they add, has an adaptive sport-tuned suspension that makes the GS 350 even livelier. Automotive journalists write that the ride is smooth in the base GS 350, and slightly firmer, but still comfortable, in models with the F Sport package.
The 2015 Lexus GS' cabin has sleek styling and is made with high-end materials, according to reviewers. The front and rear seats are spacious and comfortable, they say. Lexus updated the GS 350's infotainment system for 2015, but some test drivers say its Remote Touch controller is hard to use and can prove distracting. The 2015 Lexus GS 350 comes standard with leather upholstery, a moonroof, a 12-speaker surround-sound audio system, a USB port, Bluetooth, satellite radio, push-button start, a rearview camera and an infotainment system with an 8-inch display and Lexus’ Remote Touch controller. Available features include heated and ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, a navigation system with a 12.3-inch display, a head-up display, a Mark Levinson 17-speaker surround-sound audio system, blind spot monitoring with rear cross traffic alert, lane keep assist, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning with pre-collision braking and parallel park assist.
- "From its sophisticated yet user-friendly in-cabin technology to its hushed ride and impeccable build quality, the 2015 Lexus GS 350 and 450h redefine what a luxury-performance sedan can be." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Boasting a refined interior, plenty of high-tech features and class-competitive performance, the 2015 GS 350 can go toe to toe with the historically strong competitors from Audi, BMW and Mercedes." -- Edmunds
- "Lexus has built an almost peerless reputation for reliability over the years, but performance has never been its strong suit, to put it mildly. So we're as surprised as everyone else that the new GS is a genuine driver's car." -- AutoTrader (2014)
- "The new GS' impressive blend of nimble handling, quiet road manners, intriguing looks and high-level interior seem like the perfect blueprint for the brand's future." -- Cars.com (2013)
Lexus GS Pictures & Videos
Other Cars to Consider
Critics love the Audi A6’s engaging handling, attractive interior design and superb cabin build quality. The A6 also has a lower starting price than the GS 350, and the base model gets excellent fuel economy.
The Mercedes-Benz E-Class’ supple ride and powerful engine options appeal to many test drivers. The E-Class also has a very large trunk compared with its rivals, and auto writers love its rich cabin materials and handsome interior styling.
Details: 2015 Lexus GS
The 2015 Lexus GS 350 seats five and is powered by a 3.5-liter V6 engine. An eight-speed automatic transmission and rear-wheel drive are standard and all-wheel drive is optional. The available F Sport package adds unique styling and an adaptive sport-tuned suspension. The Lexus GS Hybrid is reviewed separately. The Lexus GS 350’s last full redesign was in 2013, and since it sees no major changes for 2015, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2013, 2014 and 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Lexus GS
- View the best prices for the 2015 Lexus GS
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Lexus GS
- Search used Lexus GS for sale (2,543 listings)
- See Upscale Midsize Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals