2013 Lexus GS Recalls & Reliability
There have been 2 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
Recall Date: 05/22/2014
- Consequence: If the switch fails, the vehicle may begin braking without the driver's input, and without illuminating the brake lights, increasing the risk of a crash.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V270000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 10,462
- Summary: Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2013 Lexus GS 350 vehicles manufactured June 8, 2012, through December 26, 2012. In the affected vehicles, the switch that senses the amount of pressure that the driver is applying to the brake pedal may fail.
- Remedy: Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will replace the brake pedal support assembly which includes the brake pedal load sensing switch, free of charge. Parts for the remedy are not currently available. Toyota will send owners an interim notification letter in late June 2014 to advise owners of the recall, and will mail owners a second letter when remedy parts are available. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
STEERINGRecall Date: 05/16/2012
- Consequence: IF THIS OCCURS, THE DRIVER MAY NOT REALIZE THAT THE STEERING WHEEL IS OFF-CENTERED AND THE VEHICLE COULD MANEUVER IN AN UNEXPECTED DIRECTION, RESULTING IN A CRASH.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 12V221000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 663
- Summary: TOYOTA IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2013 LEXUS GS350 VEHICLES, MANUFACTURED FROM DECEMBER 12, 2011, THROUGH FEBRUARY 7, 2012. THE STEERING CONTROL ELECTRONIC CONTROL UNIT (ECU) PROGRAMMING FOR THE VARIABLE GEAR RATIO STEERING (VGRS) SYSTEM COULD CAUSE THE STEERING WHEEL TO BECOME OFF-CENTERED WHEN RESTARTING IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE VEHICLE IS PARKED WITH THE STEERING WHEEL TURNED.
- Remedy: TOYOTA WILL NOTIFY OWNERS, AND LEXUS DEALERS WILL UPDATE THE VGRS SYSTEM FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN IN EARLY JUNE 2012. OWNERS MAY CONTACT TOYOTA AT 1-800-331-4331.
- Notes: CUSTOMERS MAY CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.
Our reliability score is based on the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) rating or, if unavailable, the J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating.
|Predicted Reliability Score
- Among The Best
- Better Than Most
- About Average
- The Rest
Note that warranty coverage that came with the vehicle when it was new may not transfer to subsequent owners. Check with the manufacturer to see if a warranty may still apply.
Next Steps: 2013 Lexus GS