Lexus IS Interior
Critics love the 2015 Lexus IS’ cabin for its top-notch materials, sophisticated design and excellent build quality. Some say the Lexus IS’ interior is among the finest in the class. According to reviewers, the IS has supportive front seats and good rear-seat space that matches what most rivals offer. They note that Lexus’ optional Remote Touch infotainment controller takes time to learn, but say the other cabin controls are user-friendly.
- "Things are more restrained inside, with a low dashboard and a sloping center stack providing a simple but elegant feel. Material quality is superb throughout, and rear seat space - a major shortcoming of the previous model - has been significantly increased." -- Left Lane News
- "The 2015 Lexus IS 250 has as nice an interior as you'll find in this segment, and it's identical to that of the IS 350, so you're not penalized for choosing the entry-level model. Supple leather and handsome wood and metallic accents are used liberally, and the quality of the plastics is hard to fault." -- Edmunds
- "The wide, symmetric dashboard, the steering wheel that pleases the eyes and hands, the tight instrument cluster all create a sense of purpose. What a change from the blandness of before." -- Forbes (2014)
- "Inside, every IS features a dashboard that feels well put together even at the entry level, but also has a very premium feel when equipped with optional upgrades." -- CNET (2014)
Lexus IS Pictures
The 2015 Lexus IS sedan seats five and the IS convertible seats four. The sedan comes standard with leatherette upholstery. Available features include leather seats, heated and ventilated front seats, a power tilt and telescoping steering wheel and a heated steering wheel. Reviewers write that the IS sedan’s comfortable front seats embrace the driver and passenger. They add that the rear seat has decent head- and legroom that is in line with what the competition offers.
- "As for the back seat, it’s been completely transformed for this generation. Boasting ample legroom and surprisingly adequate headroom, it's now on par with the best in this sometimes cramped segment." -- Edmunds
- "Front passengers are comfortable, and rear legroom is acceptable, if not class leading." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Provided you're not too broad abeam, the seats are quite comfortable and nicely cup backs and backsides." -- Car and Driver (2014)
- "Contoured seats hug the body and give a sense of being in a sports car, especially the optional F Sport seats." -- Forbes (2014)
Standard features in the 2015 Lexus IS include a moonroof, push-button start, Bluetooth, iPhone integration with Siri voice recognition, an eight-speaker audio system, a 7-inch display screen, HD Radio, satellite radio and two USB inputs. Available features include navigation, a rearview camera, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, front and rear parking sensors, lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control, automatic pre-collision braking, smartphone app integration and a 15-speaker Mark Levinson surround-sound audio system. The optional navigation system comes with Lexus’ Remote Touch system, which uses a mouse-like controller to access audio, navigation and vehicle settings.
Critics say that not everyone will find Lexus’ Remote Touch controller easy to use. Several say that the system takes time to learn and requires you to take your eyes off of the road to make adjustments. However, automotive journalists add that the Lexus IS’ other controls are user-friendly, and that the touch-sensitive climate buttons work better in the IS than they do in rival vehicles.
- "Entertainment and navigation info is displayed on a center-mounted LCD screen, which is controlled by a mouse-like infotainment controller that many find effective once mastered but not terribly intuitive at first." -- Left Lane News
- "Basic controls throughout the cabin are intuitive and easy to use. However, the mouselike Remote Touch controller for the navigation system is an intriguing idea that needs more refinement. The controller and on-screen cursor are immediately familiar from computer use, but placing the cursor is difficult, and if you've incorrectly clicked, there's no convenient hard ‘back’ button. Moreover, because all of the icons are the same dull colors, differentiating between them without taking your eyes off the road is needlessly challenging." -- Edmunds
- "Lexus has jumped onto the touch-sensitive capacitive-switch train, using the technology for changing the temperature of the climate-control system. The switches are similar to those found in many Cadillacs, Fords, and Lincolns, but whereas the Detroiters use long horizontal bars, those in the Lexus are short, narrow, and vertical and work more effectively." -- Car and Driver (2014)
- "The electrostatic climate-control switches were easy to work with, as was Lexus Remote Touch, though it may not be for everyone." -- Motor Trend (2014)
The 2015 Lexus IS sedan has 13.8 cubic feet of trunk space, which is fairly good for the class. The convertible has 10.8 cubic feet of trunk space with the top up, and 2.4 cubic feet with the top down.
Next Steps: Lexus IS
- View the best prices for the 2015 Lexus IS
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Lexus IS
- Search used Lexus IS for sale (5,747 listings)
- See Upscale Small Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals