Lexus LX Review
The 2015 Lexus LX ranks 4 out of 9 Luxury Large SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Lexus LX, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Lexus LX is ranked:
Test drivers are taken with the 2015 Lexus LX's outstanding off-road capabilities and comfortable, premium interior.
A V8 engine paired with a six-speed automatic transmission powers the 2015 Lexus LX 570. Many critics report the LX 570 has plenty of power and accelerates rapidly, but some find that a number of competitors are faster and more powerful. The LX 570's fuel economy is poor for the class at an EPA-estimated 12/17 mpg city/highway. While some reviewers are disappointed in the LX 570's light steering and unwieldy handling through turns, others say the SUV feels secure around corners and is relatively easy to maneuver. A few test drivers note that the standard adjustable suspension system helps the LX ride comfortably, but it compromises handling agility, especially in comfort and normal drive modes. The LX 570 comes standard with full-time four-wheel drive and various features to aid off-roading capability, and reviewers say the LX has no trouble tackling rugged terrain.
The interior of the 2015 Lexus LX 570 is made with premium materials, including wood and leather trim, according to test drivers. Still, some find that the cabin's appearance isn't as contemporary as some of its rivals. The first- and second-row seats are spacious and supportive, according to automotive writers, who add that front-row visibility is good. They also say that the third row is better suited for children than adults, typical for SUVs in this class. The Lexus LX 570 comes equipped with touch-screen navigation, satellite radio, Bluetooth, a USB port, quad-zone climate control, a rearview camera and Siri Eyes Free Mode, which allows iPhone users to control some features with voice commands. Options include a 19-speaker Mark Levinson audio system, a rear-seat entertainment system, a pre-collision brake assist system, a wide-view front and side monitor and adaptive cruise control. Automotive journalists agree that the Lexus LX 570's touch-screen system is easier to use than most rivals' systems. The Mark Levinson stereo has excellent sound quality, they add. The LX 570 has 83.1 cubic feet of cargo space, which is typical for the class. Reviewers note that the LX 570's third-row seats fold to the sides instead of flat into the floor, which they say reduces usable space.
- "Looking for a full-size luxury SUV that can still do what the first SUVs were originally designed to do? Look no further than the 2015 Lexus LX 570." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Most automakers have long since retired their trucklike, body-on-frame SUVs for car-based crossovers as buyers recognize they want improved fuel efficiency and handling more than towing ability and off-roading chops. However, some folks still need those extreme capabilities, and want them in combination with big-time luxury. For them, the LX 570 is one of the best remaining choices." -- Left Lane News
- "The 2015 Lexus LX 570 is an impressively refined and capable full-size luxury SUV, but its poor fuel economy, cramped third-row seat and aging design hurt its standing." -- Edmunds
- "Given its lofty price and utilitarian roots, the 2014 LX certainly isn't for everyone. But if you like the idea of an ultra-luxurious 3-row SUV with legendary skills in the dirt, the LX 570 is one of a select few vehicles that fit the bill." -- AutoTrader (2014)
Lexus LX Pictures & Videos
Other SUVs to Consider
According to reviewers, the Land Rover Range Rover is one of the most capable off-road SUVs in the class and its cabin is one of the most luxurious. Auto journalists agree that the Range Rover has ample power with either its base engine or available supercharged V8.
Test drivers praise the Mercedes-Benz GL-Class for its poised handling, comfortable ride and powerful engine options, including a fuel-efficient diesel engine. Additionally, the GL-Class has more cargo space than the LX 570, and reviewers say it has a very luxurious cabin.
Details: 2015 Lexus LX
The 2015 Lexus LX 570 seats eight and has standard four-wheel drive. A 5.7-liter V8 and six-speed automatic transmission are standard. There is one trim level and some stand-alone options. The LX received minor updates in the 2013 model year, but is otherwise largely unchanged since 2008. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2008 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Lexus LX
- View the best prices for the 2015 Lexus LX
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Lexus LX
- Search used Lexus LX for sale (488 listings)
- See Luxury Large SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals