Lexus RX 350 Review
The 2015 Lexus RX 350 ranks 2 out of 18 Luxury Midsize SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Lexus RX 350, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Lexus RX 350 is ranked:
Though it isn’t very entertaining to drive, critics say the 2015 Lexus RX 350 is an extremely comfortable SUV with a serene ride, spacious rear seats and generous cargo room.
The 2015 Lexus RX 350 comes with a V6 engine and a six-speed automatic transmission, and test drivers report that the RX 350 delivers enough power for confident highway passing, and that the engine is quiet at speed. The 2015 Lexus RX 350 gets up to an EPA-estimated 18/25 mpg city/highway, which is about average for the class. Reviewers agree that the RX 350’s extremely comfortable ride is a strong suit. However, they also say the RX 350 has numb steering and dull handling.
While some critics think the 2015 Lexus RX 350’s rivals have more luxurious interiors overall, most are very impressed with its quality materials and tight construction. They say the front seat offers a comfortable driving position and the rear seats have good head- and legroom for taller passengers. Cargo space is also generous for the class. Standard features in the 2015 RX 350 include a power liftgate, sliding and reclining rear seats, push-button start, an infotainment system with a 7-inch touch screen, a rearview camera, a 12-speaker audio system, satellite radio, a USB port and Bluetooth. Available features include leather upholstery, heated and ventilated front seats, a moonroof, parallel parking assist, adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring, forward collision warning, a rear-seat entertainment system, a 15-speaker Mark Levinson sound system and navigation with Lexus’ Remote Touch system. Test drivers agree that the Remote Touch system’s controller doesn’t respond to user inputs very accurately, and that it can be distracting to use while driving.
- "The 2015 Lexus RX 350 is an appealing choice for a luxury crossover SUV, particularly if a smooth ride and luxurious interior are priorities." -- Edmunds
- "If you desire a 5-passenger luxury SUV in the $40,000-$50,000 range that has comfortable and quiet driving manners, an excellent reputation for reliability, and the space to accommodate loads of shopping bags or sporting gear, it's hard to go wrong in a Lexus RX." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The positives are what you'd want in a luxury car: It's soft, quiet and really eats up the miles on the highway." -- Cars.com
- "Truth be told, we find the current RX a tad boring, even with the ostensibly edgy F Sport package installed. But for this luxury crossover's legions of fans, the 2014 model should continue to satisfy." -- AutoTrader (2014)
Other SUVs to Consider
The Acura MDX has seating for seven, and automotive journalists appreciate its spacious second-row seats and upscale cabin materials. The MDX also gets excellent fuel economy for the class, and critics say its V6 engine delivers strong acceleration.
Automotive journalists like the Mercedes-Benz M-Class’ composed handling and comfortable ride. They say its luxurious cabin has ample rear-seat legroom and an infotainment system that’s easier to use than the systems in many rivals.
Details: 2015 Lexus RX 350
The 2015 Lexus RX 350 seats five and comes standard with a 3.5-liter V6 engine, front-wheel drive and a six-speed automatic transmission. All-wheel drive is available. The RX 350 comes in base and RX F Sport trims. The Lexus RX 450h hybrid is reviewed separately. The RX 350 received a major refresh in 2012, but it hasn’t been fully redesigned since 2010. Since it only sees minor changes for 2015, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2010 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Lexus RX 350
- View the best prices for the 2015 Lexus RX 350
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Lexus RX 350
- Search used Lexus RX 350 for sale (10,383 listings)
- See Luxury Midsize SUVs rankings