Lexus RX 350 Interior
Reviewers say the RX 350’s cabin is luxurious and comfortable, but a few complain about the layout and functionality of its features. However, its overall design is attractive, and both rows of seats are spacious and comfortable.
- "Upscale appointments, exceptional cabin materials and cutting-edge tech features make the 2013 Lexus RX 350 look and feel suitably expensive for its price.” -- Edmunds
- "Like past RX models, visibility is very good, the driver's seat height is just right and cargo space is generous and found in unexpected places.” -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The injection of sport does the RX cabin well.” -- Autoblog (F Sport)
The 2013 Lexus RX 350 has seating for five, so shoppers who want a third row of seats will have to look elsewhere. Standard front seats are 10-way power-adjustable, while heated and cooled front seats are available, as is leather upholstery. Reviewers say the seats are comfortable, but wish that they were adjustable in more ways.
- "Rear passenger legroom is good, and the 40/20/40-folding rear seat is able to recline and slide to accommodate people or cargo.” -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The seats (identical in shape and bolstering to the standard models) are comfortable and we like the perforated leather on the steering wheel and the Ebony Bird's Eye Maple trim.” -- Autoblog
- "The front seats could use some extra adjustment range and thigh support, and lateral support is lacking. However, rear passengers will find the seating roomy and comfortable thanks to reclining and sliding adjustments.” -- Edmunds
The Lexus RX 350 comes standard with a power-adjustable tilt and telescoping steering wheel, Bluetooth phone and audio connectivity, smart key entry with push-button ignition and a nine-speaker stereo system. Optional features include a head-up navigation display, front and rear parking sensors, a Mark Levinson sound system and a rear-seat entertainment system. It’s important to note that blind spot monitoring is available as part of an expensive options package on the base trim, while it’s a standalone option on the F Sport trim.
Reviewers say that although the RX is appropriately upscale for a luxury crossover, its features can be hard to use. They write that many controls aren’t laid out logically, and say that although the mouse-like Remote Touch controls are a bit easier to use than some competitors’ systems, they can still be a bit complicated to learn.
- "The RX's cabin is warm, polished and cozy, but not quite as sophisticated as some European rivals, such as the Audi Q5.” -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The navigation system, for example, features the Lexus Remote Touch interface that utilizes a mouselike controller with tactile feedback. It's been updated for 2013 for improved functionality and control, and although it still requires one to pay a fair amount of attention to the screen, it's still pretty easy to use.” -- Edmunds
- "We found the interior ergonomics compromised - form over function. The asymmetric dashboard appears interesting at first glance, but the controls are haphazardly placed across its face and there is an obvious lack of flat and easily accessible storage space for frequently used items (such as rectangular mobile phones). The traditional transmission shift lever always seems to be in the way, and the wrist rest for the automaker's Remote Touch interface (replacing the touchscreen display) is massive.” -- Autoblog
The Lexus RX 350 can hold up to 80.3 cubic feet of cargo with the second row of seats stowed, or 40 cubic feet of cargo with the back seats in use. Reviewers don’t say much about the cargo space except to mention that there’s plenty of it.
- "There's also ample luggage and cargo space, with as much as 40 cubic feet behind the 40/20/40-split-folding rear seats and 80 cubes with them stowed.” -- Edmunds
- "Likewise, the innovative storage bin up front slides and has dual power outlets.” -- Kelley Blue Book
Next Steps: Lexus RX 350
Get the U.S. News Best Price for the Lexus RX 350
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Lexus RX 350 for sale (5,482 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Lexus RX-350
- See what others paid for the 2013 Lexus RX 350
- View Lexus RX 350 Photos
- See Luxury Midsize SUVs rankings