Lexus RX 350 Interior
While some auto writers think the 2015 Lexus RX 350’s cabin isn’t quite as luxurious as some of its rivals’, most are still pleased with the overall quality of its construction and materials. The RX 350 has a good amount of cargo space for the class, and reviewers write that it offers a comfortable driving position and roomy rear seats. A few critics note that the optional navigation system has frustrating controls, but they love the exceptional sound quality that the available Mark Levinson audio system provides.
- "The Lexus reputation for high-quality cabin fittings is fully on display in the 2015 RX 350 line, where nearly everything you touch and see has an exceptional feel and finish." -- Edmunds
- "… I'm not saying the RX 350's interior is ugly or has poor quality. I just wasn't wowed the way I have been by other vehicles in the class - notably the Acura MDX and Audi Q5." -- Cars.com
- "The RX's cabin is warm, polished and cozy, but not quite as sophisticated as some European rivals." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "Inside, our first impression of the current RX was that some of the old Lexus quality might have been lost in translation. Regardless, the RX's cabin emits a palpably premium vibe, and that should be good enough for most buyers." -- AutoTrader (2014)
Lexus RX 350 Pictures
The 2015 Lexus RX 350 seats five and comes standard with fabric upholstery, 10-way power-adjustable front seats and sliding and reclining rear seats. Available features include heated and ventilated front seats and leather upholstery. Most reviewers have no problem finding a comfortable driving position in the RX 350, though a few wish the front seats offered more thigh support. Auto writers also note that rear-seat head- and legroom are good, even for taller passengers.
- "Another welcome feature is that backseat room is acceptable for taller adults. I'm 6-foot-2, and I had decent headroom and legroom sitting behind the driver's seat where I'd positioned it to drive." -- Cars.com
- "Settling in to a comfortable driving position is easy with the standard multi-adjustable driver seat, although the seats could use more support for the thighs." -- Edmunds
- "Rear passenger legroom is good, and the 40/20/40-folding rear seat is able to recline and slide to accommodate people or cargo." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "Ample headroom and foot space for adults sitting outboard. The seat slides fore and aft. Sliding it rearward affords decent legroom, even behind a tall front-seat occupant." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
Standard features in the 2015 Lexus RX 350 include push-button start, dual-zone automatic climate control, an infotainment system with a 7-inch touch screen, a rearview camera, Bluetooth, satellite radio, a USB port and a 12-speaker audio system. Available features include a moonroof, parallel parking assist, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning with automatic pre-collision braking, blind spot monitoring, a 15-speaker Mark Levinson sound system, a rear-seat entertainment system, a head-up display and navigation with Lexus’ Remote Touch system.
Automotive journalists say the Remote Touch system can be distracting to use while driving, and that its mouse-like controller makes it difficult to make selections accurately. Some test drivers also complain that the RX 350’s dashboard controls have a confusing layout. However, reviewers note that the Mark Levinson audio system delivers exceptional sound quality.
- "It’s a nice idea and adds to the luxury ambience, but in practice we've found that the [Remote Touch’s] cumbersome on-screen menus and the controller's imprecise nature draw too much of your attention away from the road. On the upside, the optional Mark Levinson audio is one of the best sound systems on the market." -- Edmunds
- "This [Remote Touch] version misses the mark. There's little feedback, and it's virtually impossible to land on the menu item you want." -- Cars.com
- "The asymmetric dashboard appears interesting at first glance, but the controls are haphazardly placed across its face and there is an obvious lack of flat and easily accessible storage space for frequently used items (such as rectangular mobile phones)." -- Autoblog (2013)
- "Should buyers find the base stereo system lacking, the 2012 RX 350 is available with a stunning 15-speaker Mark Levinson surround sound system." -- Kelley Blue Book (2012)
The 2015 Lexus RX 350 has 40 cubic feet of cargo space behind the second row and 80.3 cubic feet with the second row folded, which is spacious for the class. A power liftgate and a 40/20/40 split-folding rear seat are standard. Reviewers like the RX 350’s large cargo capacity and flexible rear seating arrangement.
- "The RX 350 offers a large cargo area that you'd hope to find in an SUV. Nice touches include levers in the side of the cargo bay that fold flat the spring-tensioned seats." -- Cars.com
- "With the rear seat slid fully forward, you can get a comfy 40 cubic feet of storage in the cargo area, while dropping the rear seats doubles volume." -- Edmunds
- "Where the Lexus RX excels is with its ingenious cargo solutions and emphasis on passenger comfort. From rear seats that slide, recline and fold in a 40/20/40 split to the storage compartments sprinkled throughout, the Lexus puts a priority on pragmatics." -- Kelley Blue Book
Next Steps: Lexus RX 350
- View the best prices for the 2015 Lexus RX 350
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Lexus RX 350
- Search used Lexus RX 350 for sale (10,383 listings)
- See Luxury Midsize SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals