2008 Lexus RX 400h Review
The RX 400h offers a rare combination of sport utility performance and Lexus luxury in an environmentally conscious hybrid. It ranks very highly among both luxury midsize SUVs and hybrid SUVs.
Sticker price aside, reviewers praise the 2008 Lexus RX 400h (the h stands for hybrid) for driving performance comparable to its Lexus RX 350 sibling, and for its lonely status as a fuel-efficient alternative in the luxury SUV market. Motor Trend says, the 400h "is the first to offer a no-compromise ecology-minded alternative to a class of customer not otherwise included to sacrifice prestige and comfort for the sake of the planet." When price is taken into consideration, RX 400h buyers should recognize that they are saving the environment -- not money.
- "All in all, this is a great car for a woman or family, with a drive system that puts the vehicle in the 'green' category, helping to reduce both gasoline consumption and air pollution." -- Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- "The Lexus RX 400h offers more power, more features and better fuel economy than the regular RX 330. That may be enough justification for the $4,000-$5,000 premium over a loaded RX 330. A better justification may be knowing that you are driving one of the most environmentally friendly vehicles on the planet, cleaner than electric cars when the big picture is considered."-- New Car Test Drive
- "For those seeking even more exclusivity and performance in a midsize lux/ute, the innovative RX 400h is in a class of one. The combination of eight-cylinder-caliber performance, premium equipment, benchmark fuel economy, and high technology give tremendous appeal to the RX 400h, itself the highest form of a laudable SUV line." -- Automobile Magazine
Next Steps: Lexus RX 400h
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Lexus RX 400h for sale (4,626 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Lexus RX-Hybrid
- View Lexus RX 400h Photos
- See Luxury Midsize SUVs rankings