Lexus RX Hybrid Interior
The 2012 Lexus RX Hybrid's five-seat interior is luxurious and well-equipped. Test drivers especially like the available remote touch controller, which is a computer mouse-like device that comes with the optional navigation system.
- "The interior themes remain conservative yet pleasing to the eye-parchment with brown walnut, or gray tones with charcoal maple-and the seats have been redesigned to spoil backs and backsides better than an army of Swedish masseuses, complementing the RX's excellent driving position.” -- Car and Driver
- "In those moments when it's gliding silently on electric power in midtown, with the out-of-control world safely shut out by the acoustic-laminated glass, the RX450h is a deliciously tranquil place, a waking dream in the nightmare of commuting traffic." -- Los Angeles Times
The Lexus RX 450h's seats are generally comfortable and spacious, though a few test drivers say the rear seats lack enough cushioning. A plus, however, is that the rear seats slide forward and back, as well as recline. The RX Hybrid comes standard with leather upholstery and 10-way power-adjustable driver and passenger seats (which include lumbar adjustment).
- "The (front) seats are shaped and padded for long-haul comfort, with an excellent blend of cushioning and support. Plentiful seat and steering-wheel adjustments make it simple to tailor a comfortable driving stance.” -- Consumer Guide
- "Rear passengers will find the seating roomy and comfortable thanks to reclining and sliding adjustments.” -- Edmunds
- "I found the front seats just soft enough to be comfortable, though some may find them too firm. There's a bit more passenger space in back, and the rear seat slides and reclines. The rear seat is too hard to be comfortable." -- BusinessWeek
The 2012 RX 450h comes better-equipped than many of its luxury crossover competitors. Standard features include push-button start and smart key technology, remote-linked windows and moonroof, real wood trim, Bluetooth audio and a leather-trimmed steering wheel. Reviewers are especially impressed by how easy the RX’s electronics are to operate, since many of its competitors use complicated control systems that can be difficult to figure out and slow to use.
- "Backlit gauges are large, well marked, and clearly legible. The dashboard contains many small buttons, but climate and audio controls are grouped separately and colored differently for easier identification at a glance.” -- Consumer Guide
- "What We Don't (Like): Joystick-operated navigation system.” -- Cars.com
- "Another noteworthy option, the Remote Touch interface, replaces the traditional touchscreen operation with a mouselike controller on the center console. The controller features haptic feedback when rolling over on-screen controls, allowing the user to ‘feel’ the buttons. We found this system to be immediately intuitive and easier to use than other competing interfaces." -- Edmunds
The RX 450h has an average amount of cargo space for a midsize SUV. It provides 40 cubic feet with all seats in use and 80.3 cubic feet with the rear seats folded down.
Interior storage in the Lexus RX 450h includes a sliding front center console with a storage bin, and front and rear cupholders. Reviewers say that the RX could use a few more storage cubbies.
- "RXs have class-competitive load volumes with seats up or down, but their limited height and sloped roofline preclude some tall or bulky cargo. Interior small-items storage is a bit below average for an SUV.” -- Consumer Guide
- "The storage compartment in the center console is cavernous, but why are the iPod and auxiliary power hookups way down at the bottom, under removable storage trays? It's like dumpster diving to get at them. And what's the deal with the cup holder to the left of the steering wheel? There really isn't enough space for it so it's hard to use." -- BusinessWeek
Next Steps: Lexus RX Hybrid
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Lexus RX Hybrid for sale (4,860 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Lexus RX Hybrid
- View Lexus RX Hybrid Photos
- See Luxury Midsize SUVs rankings