2009 Lexus SC Interior
This interior review was written when the 2009 Lexus SC was new.
Reviewers report that the SC's cabin features high-quality materials and an impressive array of convenience features, but the SC only seats two, albeit in relative comfort, and it lacks adequate cargo room.
- "Inspired by classy yachts, designers modeled the interior of this big GT with abundant wood, leather and creature comforts galore." -- Road and Track
- "Sumptuous, beautifully crafted cabin features real wood trim, soft leather, and discreet brightwork." -- Consumer Guide
Lexus SC Pictures
Critics find that the SC's front seats are comfortable, but set low and lack support. Its backseats, however, offer no redeeming qualities.
- "Comfortable 10-way power seats are set low, hampering entry and exit and, for some drivers, visibility. They're also too flat for good lateral support in fast cornering. Legroom is ample, but six-footers will be squeezed for headroom." -- Consumer Guide
- "Unfortunately, the SC 430 can really be enjoyed only from the front seats, since the minuscule rear accommodations could easily make a child contortionist wince." -- Edmunds
- "Alas, vertical seatbacks and micro-munchkin legroom make the SC 430's rear 'buckettes' suitable only for stowing small briefcases and preventing the dreaded two-seater insurance-premium bump." -- Kelley Blue Book
Auto writers are impressed with the SC's long list of standard convenience features, especially its Mark Levinson sound system.
- "Due the very impressive list of standard features, it comes in a singular trim that is loaded for luxury." -- Carseek
- "With the power and clarity to please the most demanding audiophile, the SC 430's standard 240-watt nine-speaker Mark Levinson sound system performs superbly, with the top up or down." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "SC 430's standard navigation screen can be tilted to suit ambient light conditions, but it can wash out in direct sun regardless of positioning. Steering wheel audio-volume buttons are a bit obscured. Otherwise, most controls are simple enough to use." -- Consumer Guide
The SC offers 8.8 to 9.4 cubic feet of cargo room -- depending on whether or not drivers opt for run-flat tires.
- "A weekend's worth of soft luggage for two demands careful packing with the top up. Run-flat option omits the spare tire to add 0.6 cu ft, a poor trade considering how severely they impact ride quality." -- Consumer Guide
- "[W]ith the hardtop stowed, you have just about enough space for a box of Tic Tac mints." -- Edmunds