Lincoln MKC Recalls & Reliability
There have been 2 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:DELIVERYRecall Date: 09/01/2014
- Summary: Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2014 Ford Focus vehicles manufactured May 1, 2014, to May 24, 2014, 2014 Ford Escape vehicles manufactured on June 6, 2014, and 2015 Lincoln MKC vehicles manufactured June 4, 2014, to July 7, 2014. In the affected vehicles, the Fuel Delivery Module (FDM) may crack between the filter body and the filter cap, possibly resulting in low fuel pressure.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 301
- Consequence: A reduction in fuel pressure may result in a vehicle stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Remedy: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the FDM, free of charge. The recall began in September 2014. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 14S20.
- Dates of Manufacture JUN 03, 2014 to JUL 06, 2014
- Manufacturer Recall Number: 14S20
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V525000
VISIBILITY:WINDSHIELDRecall Date: 08/05/2014
- Summary: Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2015 Lincoln MKC vehicles manufactured August 20, 2013, to June 6, 2014. The affected vehicles may have visible air bubbles in the windshield glass. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 205, "Glazing Materials."
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 1139
- Consequence: Air bubbles in the windshield could impact the driver's visibility, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Remedy: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the windshields for air bubbles, replacing them as necessary, free of charge. The recall began in August 2014. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-800-392-3673. Ford's number for this recall is 14C07.
- Dates of Manufacture AUG 19, 2013 to JUN 05, 2014
- Manufacturer Recall Number: 14C07
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V484000
There is no reliability data available for this vehicle.
The 2015 Lincoln MKC comes with a four-year/50,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty and a six-year/70,000-mile powertrain warranty.