Lincoln MKS Review
The 2015 Lincoln MKS ranks 9 out of 10 Luxury Large Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Lincoln MKS, as well as reliability and safety data.
Though the 2015 Lincoln MKS has lots of standard features and a large trunk, critics agree that it can't match the performance or interior opulence of rivals.
The 2015 Lincoln MKS has a standard V6 engine that test drivers think provides adequate power, or an optional twin-turbocharged V6 that critics say produces much stronger acceleration. A six-speed automatic transmission is standard, and test drivers say it makes smooth, timely shifts. The base Lincoln MKS earns an EPA-estimated 19/28 mpg city/highway, which is adequate for the class. According to reviewers, the MKS has composed handling and a comfortable ride. However, they agree that competitors feel more nimble. Still, test drivers note the MKS has strong brakes and precise steering.
Reviewers point out that many of the 2015 Lincoln MKS' cabin appointments come from the Ford Taurus, which makes it seem less upscale than many competitors' cabins. Still, a few appreciate the MKS' high-quality cabin materials. According to some reviewers, the Lincoln MKS' front seats are roomy and comfortable for long trips, but a few complain that they lack adequate side support. Some also mention that the cabin feels cramped and wish there were more legroom in the back seat. The 2015 MKS is well-equipped for the class, with standard features including a rearview camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual-zone automatic climate control, Bluetooth phone and music streaming, a USB port, satellite radio and the MyLincoln Touch infotainment system. A moonroof, navigation, lane keep assist, parallel park assist and blind spot monitoring are optional. According to automotive journalists, the MyLincoln Touch infotainment system's touch-sensitive controls are confusing and can distract drivers from the road. However, some test drivers point out that there are some helpful redundant steering wheel-mounted controls for common functions. With 19.2 cubic feet of space, the Lincoln MKS has more trunk room than most rivals.
- "Lincoln has tried to distance the 2015 Lincoln MKS from the mechanically similar Ford Taurus. And in many ways, the MKS does feel like a more premium product. Ultimately, though, Lincoln's large sedan has a tough time standing out in a field that's crowded with some truly excellent cars." -- Edmunds
- "While the all-wheel drive and turbocharged V6 engine make the MKS surprisingly agile, sport-sedan shoppers should pass up this luxury car. Image-conscious types will find it hard to distinguish this big sedan from its equally big - and nearly as luxurious - cousin, the Ford Taurus." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "In pursuit of true luxury, Lincoln has turned the car around, but it still has a ways to go to catch up with the pack." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
- "If its features, packaging and price were wrapped in a better form than this, we think the MKS would be a much more valuable player." -- Autoblog (2013)
Lincoln MKS Pictures & Videos
Other Cars to Consider
According to reviewers, the Infiniti Q70 offers sporty driving dynamics and a powerful V6 engine. They're also impressed with its upscale cabin and roomy back seat.
The Kia K900 has a potent V8 engine and a smooth highway ride, test drivers agree. They add that its seats are exceptionally roomy and comfortable. The K900 also has lots of standard and optional features for the class.
Details: 2015 Lincoln MKS
The 2015 Lincoln MKS seats five and comes in base and EcoBoost trims. The base trim has a 3.7-liter V6 engine, six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive. All-wheel drive is available. EcoBoost models come with a 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged V6 engine and standard all-wheel drive. The Lincoln MKS received some updates for 2013, but hasn’t been fully redesigned since its debut in the 2009 model year. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2009 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Lincoln MKS
- View the best prices for the 2015 Lincoln MKS
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Lincoln MKS
- Search used Lincoln MKS for sale (2,518 listings)
- See Luxury Large Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals