$8,379 - $8,482
* 2016 pricing; 2015 pricing not available
2015 Lincoln MKT Overview
Pros & Cons
- Potent EcoBoost engine
- Smooth, quiet ride
- Long list of standard features
- Some infotainment controls can be hard to use
Lincoln MKT Rankings and Research
The 2015 Lincoln MKT ranking is based on its score within the Luxury Large SUVs category. Currently the Lincoln MKT has a score of 7.9 out of 10 which is based on our evaluation of 49 pieces of research and data elements using various sources.
2015 Lincoln MKT Pictures
2015 Lincoln MKT Review
The 2015 Lincoln MKT impresses reviewers with its comfortable, hushed ride, but they think its infotainment system is difficult to use.
The 2015 Lincoln MKT is powered by a V6 engine that reviewers agree produces decent acceleration for the typical driver. Still, a majority of critics favor the available twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V6 engine, which they say provides much faster acceleration. Front-wheel drive is standard, and the EcoBoost model comes with all-wheel drive. Both models have a six-speed automatic transmission.
According to the EPA, the base 2015 Lincoln MKT gets 17/25 mpg city/highway, which is slightly low for a three-row SUV with a six-cylinder engine. Reviewers write that the MKT has strong brakes and secure handling for a large SUV, but they note that it leans heavily during higher-speed turns, and they say its smooth ride is its real strong suit.
Reviewers say the 2015 MKT has a nicely built, hushed cabin that is composed of appropriate material quality for the class. They add that the front seats are comfortable and the second row is very roomy. Still, critics find the third row to be cramped for adults, which is a common complaint for the class. The MKT's cargo space is also small compared with the cargo areas in other three-row luxury SUVs. Test drivers report that competitors have easier-to-use infotainment and climate controls, noting that the touch-sensitive buttons are particularly frustrating.
Reviewers appreciate the MKT's generous list of standard features, which includes leather upholstery, heated and cooled front seats, heated second-row seats, a power liftgate, a fixed-glass roof, tri-zone automatic climate control, rear parking sensors, a rearview camera, satellite radio, two USB ports, SYNC voice-activated infotainment controls and the MyLincoln Touch infotainment system. Available features include power-folding third-row seats, a panoramic sunroof, blind spot monitoring, cross traffic alert, navigation, a THX II certified sound system, a dual-screen rear-seat DVD entertainment system, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, lane keep assist and parallel park assist.
- "Let's skip the exterior styling of the 2015 Lincoln MKT for a moment, and instead look inside. There, you'll find this big luxury crossover SUV offers a comfortable, quiet and luxurious interior." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "If you're drawn to the Lincoln's styling, though, and don't think you'll be using the third-row seat very often, the 2015 MKT deserves a look, particularly if a quiet, comfy cabin and a great deal of standard content are your chief priorities." -- Edmunds
- "Overall, this sophisticated crossover has developed into a strong contender among its luxury-laden competitors despite its polarizing and arguably dated exterior design." -- AutoTrader (2014)
- "The Lincoln MKT is arguably the best car here for passengers, especially second-row passengers who can relax and enjoy the car's entertainment tech and soft ride. It's also an unsightly creature, and neither Lincoln's meager brand cachet nor the MKT's chic interior can outweigh the MKT's baroque styling." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
Other SUVs to Consider
The Infiniti QX60 has roomy third-row seats and user-friendly audio and climate controls, according to critics. The QX60 also gets better fuel economy than the MKT, and reviewers appreciate its composed handling and comfortable ride.
The Acura MDX gets better fuel economy and offers more cargo space than the MKT. Test drivers praise its strong V6 engine, athletic handling and comfortable, luxurious cabin.
Details: 2015 Lincoln MKT
The 2015 Lincoln MKT seats seven, though available second-row bucket seats reduce capacity to six. The MKT comes standard with a 3.7-liter V6 engine and front-wheel drive. A twin-turbocharged (EcoBoost) 3.5-liter V6 and all-wheel drive are available. A six-speed automatic transmission is standard with both engines. The MKT has not received a major redesign since it debuted in the 2010 model year, and it sees no major changes for the 2015 model year. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2010 through 2015 model years.
Research Prices: 2015 Lincoln MKT
Over 75,000 car shoppers have purchased a car through the U.S. News Best Price Program. Our pricing beat the national average 86% of the time with shoppers receiving average savings of $3,279 off MSRP across vehicles. See what others paid for the Lincoln MKT and get upfront pricing to make sure you don't overpay. Learn More »
$8,379 - $8,482
Next Steps: Lincoln MKT
- View the best prices for the 2015 Lincoln MKT
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Lincoln MKT
- Search used Lincoln MKT for sale (1,060 listings)
- See Luxury Large SUVs rankings
- New Car Deals Lease Deals Used Car Deals