2013 Lincoln MKT Recalls & Reliability
There have been 3 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
POWER TRAIN:AXLE ASSEMBLY:AXLE SHAFTRecall Date: 07/01/2014
- Consequence: If the halfshaft and linkshaft become disengaged while driving, power will no longer be transmitted to the wheels, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash. Additionally, if the parking brake is not applied before exiting the vehicle, the vehicle may roll away despite the transmission being placed in 'Park', increasing the risk of injury to exiting occupants and bystanders.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V393000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 83250
- Summary: Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2012-2014 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX vehicles manufactured September 2, 2010, to November 30, 2013; 2013-2014 Ford Taurus and Lincoln MKS vehicles manufactured August 25, 2011, to November 30, 2013; and 2013-2014 Ford Flex and Lincoln MKT vehicles manufactured September 12, 2011, to November 30, 2013. In the affected vehicles, the halfshaft retention circlip may not have been properly installed, and as a result, the halfshaft may move outward and disengage from the linkshaft while driving and without prior warning.
- Remedy: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the vehicles to make sure that the halfshaft is properly retained. If it is not, dealers will replace the linkshaft and also replace the halfshaft if it shows evidence of spline damage, free of charge. The recall began on August 4, 2014. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-800-392-3673. Ford's number for this recall is 14S10.
- Dates of Manufacture SEP 11, 2011 to NOV 29, 2013
- Manufacturer Recall Number: 14S10
FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINERecall Date: 05/31/2013
- Consequence: A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 13V227000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 390,783
- Summary: Ford is recalling certain model year 2013 Explorer, Taurus, Flex, Fusion, Police Interceptor Sedan and Police Interceptor Utility vehicles; and certain model year 2013 Lincoln MKS, MKT, and MKZ vehicles. In the affected vehicles, the fuel delivery module may develop a crack, allowing fuel to leak.
- Remedy: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel delivery module, free of charge. The recall began on July 20, 2013. Owners may contact Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's recall campaign number is 13S04.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 or go to www.safercar.gov.
SERVICE BRAKES, AIR:DISC:ROTORRecall Date: 05/29/2012
- Consequence: THE RAISED BOLT HEAD COULD LEAD TO TORQUE LOSS IN THE WHEEL JOINT, POTENTIALLY LEADING TO WHEEL SEPARATION, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 12V243000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 128
- Summary: FORD IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2013 LINCOLN MKT AND TOWN CAR VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM MARCH 6, 2012, THROUGH APRIL 3, 2012, EQUIPPED WITH THE LIMOUSINE OR HEARSE PREPARATION PACKAGE. THESE VEHICLES MAY HAVE BEEN TRANSPORTED WITH REAR BRAKE ROTOR BOLTS THAT ARE NOT FULLY SEATED ALLOWING THE HEAD TO PROTRUDE ABOVE THE WHEEL MOUNTING SURFACE.
- Remedy: ALL THE AFFECTED VEHICLES HAVE BEEN QUARANTINED AT THE COACH BUILDER'S FACILITIES AND WILL BE REPAIRED BEFORE DELIVERY TO OWNERS. NOTICES WERE MAILED TO THE COACH BUILDERS ON MAY 24, 2012. FOR MORE INFORMATION, OWNERS MAY CONTACT THE FORD MOTOR COMPANY CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP CENTER AT 1-866-436-7332.
- Notes: OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
Our reliability score is based on the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) rating or, if unavailable, the J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating.
|Predicted Reliability Score
- Among The Best
- Better Than Most
- About Average
- The Rest
Note that warranty coverage that came with the vehicle when it was new may not transfer to subsequent owners. Check with the manufacturer to see if a warranty may still apply.
Next Steps: 2013 Lincoln MKT