There have been 5 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
STEERINGRecall Date: 06/02/2015
- Consequence: If the vehicle experiences a loss of power steering assist, extra steering effort will be required at lower speeds, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 15V340000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 393,623
- Summary: Ford Moor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 Ford Fusion vehicles without a 3.5L engine and Lincoln MKZ hybrid electric vehicles, 2011 Mercury Milan vehicles, 2011-2012 Ford Taurus, Ford Flex, Lincoln MKS, and Lincoln MKT vehicles equipped with a 3.5L GTDI engine and 2013 Ford Taurus, Ford Flex, Lincoln MKS, and Lincoln MKT vehicles equipped with any available engine. The affected vehicles have electric power steering assist systems that may shut down as a result of a steering motor sensor fault.
- Remedy: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will check the Power Steering Control Module (PSCM) for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC). If dealers find any loss of steering assist DTCs, the steering gear will be replaced, free of charge. If, no codes are found during the PSCM inspection, the PSCM software will be updated, free of charge. Interim notices were mailed to owners on July 20, 2015. Owners will receive a second notice when the remedy becomes available. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 15S18.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEMRecall Date: 03/23/2015
- Consequence: If the vacuum pump relay overheats, there is an increased risk of a vehicle fire.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 15V172000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 1549
- Summary: Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013-2015 Lincoln MKT vehicles with a limousine and hearse prep package, manufactured March 6, 2012, to March 10, 2015. In the affected vehicles, the vacuum pump relay may overheat due to an internal fault or contamination.
- Remedy: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the vacuum pump relay with a new electro-mechanical relay, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin May 11, 2015. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 15S10.
- Dates of Manufacture MAR 05, 2012 to MAR 09, 2015
- Manufacturer Recall Number: 15S10
POWER TRAIN:AXLE ASSEMBLY:AXLE SHAFTRecall Date: 07/01/2014
- Consequence: If the halfshaft and linkshaft become disengaged while driving, power will no longer be transmitted to the wheels, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash. Additionally, if the parking brake is not applied before exiting the vehicle, the vehicle may roll away despite the transmission being placed in 'Park', increasing the risk of injury to exiting occupants and bystanders.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V393000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 83250
- Summary: Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2012-2014 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX vehicles manufactured September 2, 2010, to November 30, 2013; 2013-2014 Ford Taurus and Lincoln MKS vehicles manufactured August 25, 2011, to November 30, 2013; and 2013-2014 Ford Flex and Lincoln MKT vehicles manufactured September 12, 2011, to November 30, 2013. In the affected vehicles, the halfshaft retention circlip may not have been properly installed, and as a result, the halfshaft may move outward and disengage from the linkshaft while driving and without prior warning.
- Remedy: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the vehicles to make sure that the halfshaft is properly retained. If it is not, dealers will replace the linkshaft and also replace the halfshaft if it shows evidence of spline damage, free of charge. The recall began on August 4, 2014. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-800-392-3673. Ford's number for this recall is 14S10.
- Dates of Manufacture SEP 11, 2011 to NOV 29, 2013
- Manufacturer Recall Number: 14S10
FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINERecall Date: 05/31/2013
- Consequence: A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 13V227000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 390,783
- Summary: Ford is recalling certain model year 2013 Explorer, Taurus, Flex, Fusion, Police Interceptor Sedan and Police Interceptor Utility vehicles; and certain model year 2013 Lincoln MKS, MKT, and MKZ vehicles. In the affected vehicles, the fuel delivery module may develop a crack, allowing fuel to leak.
- Remedy: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel delivery module, free of charge. The recall began on July 20, 2013. Owners may contact Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's recall campaign number is 13S04.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 or go to www.safercar.gov.
SERVICE BRAKES, AIR:DISC:ROTORRecall Date: 05/29/2012
- Consequence: THE RAISED BOLT HEAD COULD LEAD TO TORQUE LOSS IN THE WHEEL JOINT, POTENTIALLY LEADING TO WHEEL SEPARATION, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 12V243000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 128
- Summary: FORD IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2013 LINCOLN MKT AND TOWN CAR VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM MARCH 6, 2012, THROUGH APRIL 3, 2012, EQUIPPED WITH THE LIMOUSINE OR HEARSE PREPARATION PACKAGE. THESE VEHICLES MAY HAVE BEEN TRANSPORTED WITH REAR BRAKE ROTOR BOLTS THAT ARE NOT FULLY SEATED ALLOWING THE HEAD TO PROTRUDE ABOVE THE WHEEL MOUNTING SURFACE.
- Remedy: ALL THE AFFECTED VEHICLES HAVE BEEN QUARANTINED AT THE COACH BUILDER'S FACILITIES AND WILL BE REPAIRED BEFORE DELIVERY TO OWNERS. NOTICES WERE MAILED TO THE COACH BUILDERS ON MAY 24, 2012. FOR MORE INFORMATION, OWNERS MAY CONTACT THE FORD MOTOR COMPANY CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP CENTER AT 1-866-436-7332.
- Notes: OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
Our reliability score is based on the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) rating or, if unavailable, the J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating.
Note that warranty coverage that came with the vehicle when it was new may not transfer to subsequent owners. Check with the manufacturer to see if a warranty may still apply.