Lincoln MKT Interior
The 2015 Lincoln MKT has a quiet, well-built interior with a generous list of standard features, critics say, and its materials meet class standards. Test drivers write that the front seats are comfortable and the second-row seats are especially roomy, but they note that the third-row seats aren't spacious enough for adults. The MKT also has a small cargo area for a three-row luxury SUV, and auto writers say its infotainment system isn't as user-friendly as the systems in rival vehicles.
- "Once you're inside the MKT, you'll find that the big Lincoln's cabin materials and overall build quality are on par with the majority of its luxury-brand rivals." -- Edmunds
- "Let's skip the exterior styling of the 2015 Lincoln MKT for a moment, and instead look inside. There, you'll find this big luxury crossover SUV offers a comfortable, quiet and luxurious interior." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The MKT's interior surprised us with its materials quality, including gorgeous hazelnut-colored leather, brown wood, and a deep gray center stack." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
- "The MKT's interior is a big step up for the brand in terms of materials quality." -- Cars.com (2012)
Lincoln MKT Pictures
The 2015 Lincoln MKT seats seven, though optional second-row bucket seats reduce seating capacity to six. Standard features include leather upholstery, heated and cooled front seats, power-adjustable front seats, driver seat position memory, heated second-row seats, power-adjustable pedals, a power tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel and second-row sunshades. Available features include a heated steering wheel and a cooled console in the second row.
Reviewers write that the front seats in the MKT offer comfort that doesn’t fade after many hours behind the wheel, and that the second-row seats are very roomy, but they think the third-row seats lack headroom and aren't comfortable for adults, though this is a common complaint for third-row seats. The MKT earns praise for its quiet cabin.
- "Occupants in the second row enjoy generous head- and legroom, but those measures become acutely pinched in the MKT's third row, which has over 5 fewer inches of headroom than the second row." -- Edmunds
- "… the cabin is near whisper quiet." -- AutoTrader (2014)
- "The seating offered all-day comfort, which would be just the thing were we a limo driver." -- Left Lane News (2013)
- "The third row, however, is much less inviting. It isn't just limited to kids; it's limited to small kids." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
Standard features in the 2015 Lincoln MKT include a fixed-glass roof, tri-zone automatic climate control, push-button start, remote start, rear parking sensors, a rearview camera, a keyless entry keypad, MyKey (which lets parents set speed and audio volume limits for younger drivers), a 10-speaker audio system, satellite radio, an auxiliary audio input, two USB ports, SYNC voice-activated infotainment controls and the MyLincoln Touch infotainment system, which includes two 4.2-inch screens in the instrument cluster and an 8-inch touch screen. Available features include a panoramic sunroof, blind spot monitoring, cross traffic alert, HD Radio, navigation, a 14-speaker THX II certified sound system, a dual-screen rear-seat DVD entertainment system, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, lane keep assist and parallel park assist.
Several reviewers note that the MKT comes with a lot of standard features for the class. MyLincoln Touch was updated in the 2013 model year, and most critics think the updates made the system easier to use. However, many still argue that MyLincoln Touch suffers in comparison with rival infotainment systems, saying features like the touch-sensitive climate and audio controls don't function well. Critics do appreciate that the SYNC voice command system allows you to bypass many controls.
- "Although MyLincoln Touch has benefited from software improvements and fine-tuning over the years (plus, many of its operations can be engaged via voice commands), many rivals in this price range have better-designed, better functioning systems." -- Edmunds
- "A touch-screen telematics system controls navigation, climate and audio functions, and its formerly complicated operation has been improved." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "… the MKT does provide a long list of standard luxury features in addition to a comfortable and spacious interior." -- Left Lane News (2014)
- "MyLincoln Touch is improved, but there are still elements that make it unfit for any modern vehicle, let alone a $59,000 luxury crossover. The touch-sensitive volume and fan speed sliders work correctly maybe once every tenth use." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
The 2015 Lincoln MKT has 17.9 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third row, 39.6 cubic feet with the third row folded and 75.9 cubic feet with the second and third rows folded. The MKT's cargo capacity is smaller than the capacities of most other three-row luxury SUVs. Though some critics are pleased with the MKT's cargo capacity, others are disappointed, and note that the MKT's low roofline makes it hard to load tall objects. The MKT comes standard with a power liftgate. A power-folding third-row seat is optional.
- "Not only is this an unimpressive cargo capacity figure for this class, but the Lincoln's dropped roof line makes it difficult to fit taller items." -- Edmunds
- "The generous cargo space is easily expanded by folding the power 3rd-row seats and 2nd-row seatbacks." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "With all seats folded there is a long, flat load floor with generous cargo room." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
Next Steps: Lincoln MKT
- View the best prices for the 2015 Lincoln MKT
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Lincoln MKT
- Search used Lincoln MKT for sale (559 listings)
- See Luxury Large SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals