Lincoln MKT Performance
The 2015 Lincoln MKT has a very smooth ride and composed handling for a large SUV, though it leans heavily during higher-speed driving, according to critics. They add that acceleration with the base engine should be sufficient for most buyers, while acceleration with the twin-turbocharged EcoBoost engine is very good.
- "Although the 2015 Lincoln MKT is a large, three-row crossover (capable of seating six or seven, depending on how you equip it), its performance is pretty impressive, too." -- Edmunds
- "With the 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V6, the 2015 Lincoln MKT may surprise you with its get-up-and-go. Once at speed, the big 3-row SUV cruises quietly at a relaxed pace, especially when equipped with the available adaptive cruise control." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The driving dynamics don't stand up to a BMW, but they're on par with a Lexus." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
Acceleration and Power
The Lincoln MKT comes with a 3.7-liter V6 engine that makes 303 horsepower. The MKT is available with a twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter V6 EcoBoost engine that makes 365 horsepower. Both engines are paired with a six-speed automatic transmission. The 2015 Lincoln MKT gets an EPA-estimated 17/25 mpg city/highway with the base engine, which is a bit low for a three-row SUV with a six-cylinder engine. The EcoBoost model gets 16/23 mpg.
Test drivers write that the base engine provides adequate acceleration, and they think most buyers will be happy with it. However, most automotive journalists prefer the EcoBoost model because it has much stronger acceleration. The six-speed automatic transmission shifts seamlessly, according to reviewers.
- "Acceleration is also quite brisk on the EcoBoost model, which comes with a 365-horsepower turbocharged V6 engine, but again, most buyers will be content with the base MKT's 303-hp 3.7-liter V6, even when the vehicle is fully loaded with passengers." -- Edmunds
- "With a little more than 300 horsepower, the standard V6 offers decent acceleration and passing power, even if it's not particularly exciting. If you're looking for more, then check out the twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6. With 365 horsepower, 350 lb-ft of torque, and standard all-wheel drive, this is the engine to get if you think luxury equals power." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Although the 3.7-liter V6 doesn't strain to move the MKT, it doesn't exactly inspire, either. The EcoBoost V6 with its 365 hp is the right engine for this vehicle. …" -- AutoTrader (2014)
- "Shifting from the six-speed automatic was flawless without hunting for gears while in city driving situations." -- Left Lane News (2013)
Handling and Braking
The 2015 Lincoln MKT comes with front-wheel drive. EcoBoost models come with all-wheel drive and an upgraded suspension. The MKT has a very comfortable ride and strong brakes, according to test drivers. They add that the handling feels secure, but they note that the MKT leans noticeably at higher speeds. Critics say the upgraded suspension in the EcoBoost models makes the handling more responsive while still providing a smooth ride.
- "Likewise, you don't need the adaptive suspension of the 2015 Lincoln MKT EcoBoost model to enjoy a comforting ride around town or during interstate cruising. The base MKT's suspension is pleasantly controlled, although this big crossover will lean considerably if you're turning sharply or at higher speeds." -- Edmunds
- "Lincoln Drive Control refines the driving experience with a more balanced ride and handling equation, intuitively responding to driver inputs and road surface variables. …" -- AutoTrader (2014)
- "The MKT exhibits decent handling, especially for a 17.3-foot-long people carrier, but the MKT's strength is in its soft, compliant ride, not its handling." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
- "We found that the brakes provided competent stopping ability in every situation." -- Left Lane News (2013)
Next Steps: Lincoln MKT
- View the best prices for the 2015 Lincoln MKT
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Lincoln MKT
- Search used Lincoln MKT for sale (559 listings)
- See Luxury Large SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals