Lincoln MKX Review
The 2015 Lincoln MKX ranks 17 out of 18 Luxury Midsize SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Lincoln MKX, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Lincoln MKX is ranked:
Underwhelming power, uninspired handling and a troublesome infotainment system leave the 2015 Lincoln MKX well behind its competition, critics say.
For everyday driving, test drivers say the V6 engine in the 2015 Lincoln MKX has adequate power, but they wish it delivered more punch. Some critics point out that when significant power is needed, the six-speed automatic transmission is slow to downshift. The MKX's fuel economy is an EPA-estimated 18/26 mpg city/highway, which is comparable to most cars in the class. Most reviewers think the MKX rides comfortably, though they caution that the optional 22-inch wheels make the ride uncomfortable. According to auto journalists, the MKX has controlled handling, but some say that it feels less athletic than other luxury midsize SUVs.
Automotive writers like the 2015 MKX's handsome cabin and say it is constructed with high-end materials. They find the front seats roomy, but some note that the optional panoramic sunroof limits headroom for tall people. The back seat is spacious, reviewers say. Standard features include two USB ports, the MyLincoln Touch infotainment system, the SYNC voice command system and Bluetooth. Optional features include a panoramic sunroof, blind spot monitoring, rear parking sensors, navigation, a rearview camera and a THX audio system. Most critics complain that MyLincoln Touch is complicated to use and sometimes slow to respond to inputs.
- "The MKX may have some appeal as an American luxury SUV (though it's actually made in Canada), but there's no denying that this Lincoln is showing its age compared to newer rivals that have better fuel efficiency, easier-to-use technology and more advanced safety features." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The 2015 Lincoln MKX is a competent five-passenger luxury crossover with plenty of features, but it falls short of most peers in overall performance and daily ease of use." -- Edmunds
- "But, in the 2014 Lincoln MKX, Ford's luxury division seems content to settle for a close runner-up in each category, giving owners a little taste of each at a price that undercuts most of its foreign and domestic competitors." -- AutoTrader (2014)
Lincoln MKX Pictures & Videos
Other SUVs to Consider
The Lexus RX 350 has outstanding cabin build quality and a very comfortable ride, reviewers say. The RX 350 also offers more cargo space than the MKX, and test drivers like its roomy back seat.
With its available diesel engine, the Volkswagen Touareg gets excellent fuel economy for the class. Reviewers like the Touareg’s sharp steering, classy cabin materials and extremely comfortable front seats.
Details: 2015 Lincoln MKX
The 2015 Lincoln MKX seats five and comes with a 3.7-liter V6 engine, a six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive. All-wheel drive is optional. The MKX comes in one trim level, which is available with three equipment groups that add various features. The MKX was introduced for the 2007 model year and was refreshed in 2011, but has seen few major changes since then. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2007 to 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Lincoln MKX
- View the best prices for the 2015 Lincoln MKX
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Lincoln MKX
- Search used Lincoln MKX for sale (3,527 listings)
- See Luxury Midsize SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals