2013 Lincoln MKX Interior
This interior review was created when the car was new. Some links may no longer point to an active page.
Reviewers are impressed with the 2013 Lincoln MKX’s attractive, high-quality cabin. They say that accents like stitching and aluminum and wood grain trim make the MKX’s interior appear especially upscale, and that its seats are roomy both up front and in back. One downside to the MKX is its MyLincoln Touch infotainment controls, which reviewers find confusing, complicated and clunky to use.
- "The 2013 Lincoln MKX boasts a well-trimmed cabin with handsome stitching, real aluminum accents and quality materials throughout." -- Edmunds
- "Based on the Ford Edge, the upscale MKX has a novel button-free cockpit with touch-sensitive controls, some of which can be less than simple to operate." -- Car and Driver
- "MKX’s cabin looks and feels as luxurious as its pricing suggests. Most materials are soft touch, including the majority of the dashboard and door tops. Visible stitching adds another dose of class, as does the optional genuine wood trim." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
The five-seat 2013 Lincoln MKX comes standard with leather upholstery and front seats that are 10-way power-adjustable, heated and cooled. That’s much more than you’ll get from many of the MKX’s competitors, some of which require you to pay extra for leather, power adjustment or seat climate control. Test drivers say that the MKX's seats are comfortable. One says that the front seat is roomy, although the available sunroof can cut down on headroom.
- "Both rows of seats offer plenty of space -- particularly in back, where three people can fit comfortably." -- Edmunds
- "Legroom is plentiful, and the seats are soft, yet all-day comfortable. Taller occupants might find headroom lacking below the available panoramic sunroof. This is partly due to the high-set seating position, which is otherwise beneficial in providing a commanding view in most any direction." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
The 2013 Lincoln MKX comes with standard features like remote start, push-button ignition, a 10-speaker audio system with two USB jacks, an SD card reader, an audio/video input jack and MyLincoln Touch infotainment controls with Sync voice controls. Optional features include navigation, rain-sensing windshield wipers, blind-spot monitoring with cross traffic alert, a rearview camera and a heated steering wheel.
The Lincoln MKX comes standard with more features than nearly any other luxury SUV on the market, but reviewers spend most of their time talking about the confusing and difficult-to-use MyLincoln Touch touch-screen infotainment controls. They write that the controls can be slow, full of glitches and frustrating. The system may be great for technophiles who are always looking for the next new thing, but if you prefer traditional knobs and buttons or if you don’t want to bother with the MyLincoln Touch’s steep learning curve, you may want to shop elsewhere.
- "But the 2013 Lincoln MKX also has a few downsides. A big one is the MyLincoln Touch electronics interface -- even though it's been updated this year, we still find it to be often frustrating to use." -- Edmunds
- "Touch-sensitive controls take a lot of getting used to." -- Car and Driver
The 2013 Lincoln MKX offers a maximum of 68.6 cubic feet of cargo space with the second row folded flat, or 32.3 cubic feet with the second row in use. That’s a bit smaller than the cargo areas in many of the MKX’s five-seat competitors, although some reviewers are pleased with the amount of cargo space offered by the MKX. Shoppers who want more room should consider the Acura MDX, which offers almost 35 more cubic feet of cargo space than the MKX.
- "Like its Edge sibling, MKX has generous cargo space, even with the rear seat backs raised. Cabin storage is good with a large center console bin and roomy glovebox. The Lincoln also has a bin below the dashboard's central control area, but its usefulness is compromised a bit because that space is where the media-player inputs are located." -- Consumer Guide (2012)