Lincoln MKX Interior
Auto journalists say that the 2015 Lincoln MKX’s cabin is built with first-rate materials that include aluminum or wood trim and they like that it features attractive contrast stitching throughout. Critics write that the standard MyLincoln Touch infotainment system is hard to master, but they think the MKX has spacious seating in both rows.
- "The 2015 Lincoln MKX's cabin is well appointed, with handsome stitching, real aluminum accents and mostly satisfactory materials. Here and there you'll find some cheap-feeling bits, but in general, the MKX's interior is a nice place to be." -- Edmunds
- "Aluminum and optional wood trim help lend a luxurious feel to the cabin." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "Visible contrast stitching and available genuine wood accents lend an air of opulence to the cabin. They complement the abundant soft-touch surfaces, giving the whole interior a look and feel that's in-line with its pricing and rival luxury crossovers." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Lincoln MKX Pictures
The Lincoln MKX seats five and comes standard with leather upholstery, reclining rear seats and front seats that are heated, ventilated and power-adjustable. Heated second-row outboard seats and a heated steering wheel are optional. Test drivers report that the front seats are spacious and very comfortable. A few mention that the optional panoramic sunroof cuts into headroom for taller drivers. Some critics think that forward visibility is good, but others find that the long dashboard obstructs forward visibility. Reviewers say the MKX’s rear seats are spacious, and some say that three passengers will be comfortable in the back row, which is a rare compliment for this class.
- "Both rows of seating in the Lincoln MKX offer spacious accommodations. The backseat is notable for being able to seat three adults in reasonable comfort, thanks in part to the standard reclining rear seatbacks." -- Edmunds
- "The MKX's high seating position is appreciated, although we can't say the same for the long dash that impedes forward views." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "MKX's interior is quite comfortable, and a high seating position helps with visibility. But the housing for the available panoramic Vista Roof limits headroom for taller front and rear occupants. The front seats don't go quite low enough to compensate for the intrusion." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Standard features in the 2015 MKX include proximity key, two USB ports, a 10-speaker audio system, the SYNC voice command system, the MyLincoln Touch infotainment system, Bluetooth and satellite radio. Options include navigation, a rear-seat DVD entertainment system, blind spot monitoring, rear parking sensors, a rearview camera, a panoramic sunroof and a THX audio system.
Critics agree that MyLincoln Touch responds slowly to inputs and takes a while to learn. They note that the system features buttons and on-screen icons that all look similar, which can make it difficult to use while driving.
- "The Sync with MyLincoln Touch system looks impressive, but operating it is anything but simple." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "When it works, it's awesome. However, many drivers will find the learning curve frustratingly steep, and the system can occasionally be slow to respond to your inputs. The lookalike buttons and touchscreen icons can also be difficult to operate on the road." -- Edmunds
- "Many find the multiple display screens of the MyLincoln Touch system overly complicated and temperamental -- a complaint heard increasingly as luxury cars become more like rolling iPads and less like modes of transportation." -- AutoTrader (2014)
The Lincoln MKX has 32.3 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats and 68.6 cubic feet with the rear seats folded, which is a decent amount of overall cargo space for the class. A power liftgate is standard. Some critics are disappointed with the available cargo space behind the rear seats, but others say the MKX has ample cargo space. They note that the MKX has a spacious glove box and center console.
- "The rear cargo area measures 32.3 cubic feet, which is barely more than what you get in the compact Audi Q5. Flip down the rear seatbacks, though, and the maximum capacity expands to a solid 68.6 cubic feet." -- Edmunds
- "Like its Edge sibling, MKX has generous cargo space, even with the rear seat backs raised. Cabin storage is good with a large center console bin and roomy glovebox." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "The power-operated liftgate, which comes standard in the Lincoln MKX, is a super convenient feature to have when your hands are full. All it takes is a push of a button to raise or lower the big rear door." -- Kelley Blue Book (2013)
Next Steps: Lincoln MKX
- View the best prices for the 2015 Lincoln MKX
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Lincoln MKX
- Search used Lincoln MKX for sale (3,527 listings)
- See Luxury Midsize SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals