2015 Lincoln MKZ Review
Cheap cabin materials and a poorly designed infotainment system leave critics disgruntled with the 2015 Lincoln MKZ.
Though some reviewers prefer the 2015 Lincoln MKZ's optional V6 engine because it delivers brisk acceleration, others say the standard turbocharged four-cylinder engine provides ample punch. All models come with an automatic transmission. The 2015 MKZ earns up to 22/33 mpg city/highway, according to the EPA, which is somewhat less than what other cars in the class earn. However, the 2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid gets 41/39 mpg, which is very good for a luxury hybrid, and reviewers say that the MKZ Hybrid delivers adequate acceleration. Reviewers report that while the MKZ lacks the dynamic handling of competitors like the BMW 3-Series, it still offers decent cornering ability, responsive steering and a comfortable ride.
The 2015 Lincoln MKZ's interior doesn't impress critics, who say its materials are second-rate. Some find the front seats too tight and the rear seats short on headroom. But others say the front seats are comfortable, and they appreciate the car's hushed interior. Some test drivers especially like the large trunk. Many automotive writers say the MyLincoln Touch infotainment system is a challenge to use. Standard features in the 2015 Lincoln MKZ include heated front seats, rear parking sensors, a rearview camera, Lincoln’s SYNC voice command system and the MyLincoln Touch infotainment system, which comes with an 8-inch touch screen, Bluetooth, two USB ports, satellite radio and an 11-speaker audio system. Available features include leather upholstery, massaging front seats, ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, a panoramic sunroof, a 14-speaker THX II audio system, navigation, blind spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning with automatic pre-collision braking, parallel parking assist and active lane keeping assist.
- "… Lincoln MKZ offers modern features and distinctive style, but it's a hard sell compared with more refined entry-level luxury sedan competitors." -- Edmunds
- "While the 2015 Lincoln MKZ may have lots of stuff, its relative lack of refinement belies its common ancestry with the Ford Fusion." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Lincoln MKZ stands out from other entry-luxury sedans with sleek, distinctive styling and an optional 38-mpg hybrid powertrain. It also delivers a cushy ride without floaty, Town Car-like handling, but disappointing interior materials and a questionable value proposition let down an otherwise attractive package." -- Left Lane News
- "Its most compelling asset is a sophisticated suit of clothes. But in autodom's lower luxury league, good looks and mere dynamic competence aren't enough." -- Car and Driver (2014)
Lincoln MKZ Pictures & Videos
Other Cars to Consider
The Acura TLX has a lower starting price, and like the MKZ, it comes with a lot of standard features. In addition, auto writers praise the TLX for its remarkably quiet cabin and nimble handling.
The base Audi A4 gets great fuel economy for the class, and reviewers write that it has lively acceleration. They also like its balanced handling, and they say its handsome, well-built interior is one of the nicest in the class.
Details: 2015 Lincoln MKZ
The 2015 Lincoln MKZ seats five and is available in MKZ and MKZ Hybrid models, which are available with Premiere, Select and Reserve equipment groups. The base MKZ has a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, a six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive. A 3.7-liter V6 engine and all-wheel drive are optional. The Lincoln MKZ Hybrid features a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine and an electric motor mated to a continuously variable transmission (CVT). The Lincoln MKZ hasn’t changed much since its last full redesign in 2013, so this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2013, 2014 and 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Lincoln MKZ
- View the best prices for the 2015 Lincoln MKZ
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Lincoln MKZ
- Search used Lincoln MKZ for sale (5,240 listings)
- See Upscale Midsize Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals