2009 Lotus Exige Recalls & Reliability
Review Last Updated: 2/10/10
There has been 1 safety recall issued from NHTSA.
WHEELS:CAP/COVER/HUBRecall Date: 05/22/2009
- Summary: LOTUS IS RECALLING 27 MODEL YEAR 2009 ELISE AND EXIGE VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM JANUARY 14 THROUGH MAY 5, 2009. THE REAR HUB FLANGE BOLTS ON SOME OF THESE VEHICLES MAY BE UNDER-TORQUED AND MAY BECOME LOOSE. IF THAT OCCURS, AN INSECURE HUB COULD LEAD TO DEGREDATION IN VEHICLE HANDLING, AND A RUBBING NOISE FROM THE REAR OF THE VEHICLE.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 27
- Consequence: IF THE PROBLEM IS NOT ADDRESSED PROMPTLY, THE DRIVER COULD LOSE CONTROL OF THE VEHICLE, RESULTING IN A CRASH.
- Remedy: LOTUS WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND REPAIR THE VEHICLES FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING MAY/JUNE 2009. OWNERS MAY CONTACT LOTUS TOLL-FREE AT 1-800-245-6887.
- Notes: OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 09V179000
There is no reliability data available for this vehicle.
Lotus offers a three-year/36,000-mile basic warranty, as well as eight years of protection against chassis corrosion. An Extended Service Plan is also available.