MINI Cooper Paceman Interior
Some auto writers say the interior of the 2015 Mini Paceman is made of high-quality materials and supportive seats, while others say it is filled with cheap plastics. They think the available infotainment system has many useful features, and that the Paceman’s back seat is comfortable enough for adults on short rides.
- "The Countryman and Paceman interiors are as charming as those in other Minis." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "Inside, Mini has taken to oversaturating its opulent sea of plastics with chili red detailing and more oodles of sporty cuteness." -- Autoblog (2014)
- "Paceman's interior materials are of high quality, the standard seats are sporty and supportive." -- AOL Autos (2014)
- "The interior was plasticky -- lots of hard materials all over the interior lent a distinctly non-premium feel to the dash, door panels, etc." -- AutoWeek (2013)
MINI Cooper Paceman Pictures
The 2015 Mini Paceman has seating for four and comes standard with leatherette upholstery. Leather upholstery and heated front seats are available. Test drivers note that visibility is excellent thanks to high-mounted front seats. They add that although the Paceman is quite small, two adults can fit in the rear bucket seats for short trips.
- "Despite its compact dimensions, the Paceman's rear seats are perfectly capable of accommodating average-sized adults for around-town trips." -- Left Lane News
- "The high front seats provide commanding visibility." -- Kelley Blue Book (2013)
- "In other words, two average-sized adults could sit back there for a short trip across town, while smaller children should be fine for even longer distances.” -- Motor Trend (2013)
- "It is possible to fit four average-sized adults into the Paceman, but they're not necessarily going to be happy with the experience, and they'll be downright upset about getting in and out." -- MSN Autos (2013)
The 2015 Mini Paceman comes standard with a six-speaker audio system, a USB/iPod adapter, Bluetooth, HD Radio, an auxiliary input, push-button start, automatic headlights and heated side mirrors. Optional features include satellite radio, a panoramic sunroof, a Harman Kardon sound system, rear parking sensors, navigation and a voice-controlled infotainment system with smartphone app integration and a 6.5-inch display.
According to reviewers, the Paceman’s audio and climate controls are oddly placed and difficult to use without looking away from the road. Automotive journalists say that the optional infotainment system has a lot of useful features, but that its controller is very small, which makes it difficult to input selections.
- "The audio and climate controls are typical MINI fare, meaning that they're laid out haphazardly and can be hard to operate without glancing down." -- AutoTrader
- "In particular, the center-dash speedometer takes some getting used to, while the tachometer rides atop the steering column." -- AOL Autos (2014)
- "The optional Mini Connected electronics interface packs a lot of functionality, with iPhone smartphone app integration providing features such as Internet radio and social media access." -- Edmunds (2013)
- "It has tons of small switches on the center stack that you don't know what they are without looking down. The controller for the iDrive-esque interface is also tiny. I realize that switchgear in British cars is traditionally dainty, but for something that controls all the functions of the infotainment, you might need a chunkier controller." -- Jalopnik (2013)
The 2015 Paceman has 11.7 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats, and 38.1 cubic feet with the rear seats folded. The Paceman’s cargo area is small for the class, and rivals such as the Volkswagen GTI and Fiat 500L have much more space. Still, critics report that the Paceman has enough cargo space for groceries or luggage for a few people.
- "If you regularly haul large items, you can find better options in this price range." -- Edmunds (2013)
- "Rear cargo space is adequate for two people's luggage, but not much more." -- Kelley Blue Book (2013)
- "The cargo area feels large enough for the day-to-day hauling my family and I do; backpacks, weekend sleepover bags, grocery shopping." -- Cars.com (2013)
Next Steps: MINI Cooper Paceman
- View the best prices for the 2015 MINI Cooper Paceman
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 MINI Cooper Paceman
- Search used MINI Cooper Paceman for sale (177 listings)
- See Affordable Subcompact Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals