MINI Cooper Interior
The 2015 Mini Cooper’s cabin is trimmed with top-notch materials, critics say, and its attractive design features clever details like ambient lighting that changes colors based on your driving style. Test drivers add that the Mini Cooper’s audio and climate controls are much easier to use than the previous generation’s, while the new Hardtop 4 Door model offers a more spacious rear seat.
- "The interior of our Cooper S was well-executed and finished with highly sculpted, three-dimensional dash panels, elegant matte-finish wood trim, and lots of attractive brightwork." -- Car and Driver
- "Inside the cabin, both Cooper models offer improved ergonomics, better materials, and our personal favorite feature, a novel ring of LED lights around the center display screen." -- AutoTrader
- "The interior design was definitely appealing, with different trim options to choose from." -- Motor Trend
- "Taking our turn in the leather-and-cloth sport seat behind the leather-wrapped steering wheel, we find the 2015 Mini Cooper Hardtop 4 Door a most pleasant place to do business, the environs tastefully trimmed with dark cottonwood and not a trace of carbon fiber." -- Automobile Magazine
MINI Cooper Pictures
The 2015 Mini Hardtop 2 Door and Convertible seat four, while the all-new Mini Hardtop 4 Door seats five. All models come standard with leatherette upholstery and are available with leather upholstery, heated front seats and sports seats with more substantial side bolstering. Auto writers say the 2015 Mini Cooper offers an excellent driving position with great sight lines. They note that the Hardtop 2 Door’s rear seat is cramped, but the Hardtop 4 Door has a larger back seat that provides enough head- and legroom for adults.
- "The driving position is upright and commanding (considering that the car's overall width is, within a fraction, the same as the track of a GMC Yukon). All-around view is excellent." -- Automobile Magazine
- "Steerage class still isn't spacious, but thanks to deeply hollowed out front seatbacks, a near-six-footer can sit behind a similarly sized driver without embedding his knees permanently in the seat structure. A slightly taller roof that's more horizontal than the three-door's provides adequate headroom." -- Car and Driver (Hardtop 4 Door)
- "It's still not as spacious as, say, the Volkswagen Golf, but the Mini four-door is a useful family tool." -- Edmunds
- "Space is ample up front, while the rear seats are sufficient for small adults and children." -- Left Lane News (Hardtop 2 Door)
Standard features in the 2015 Mini Hardtop include automatic climate control, automatic headlights, rain-sensing windshield wipers, a six-speaker audio system, Bluetooth, a USB/iPod adapter, an auxiliary audio input, HD Radio, a climate-controlled glove box, color-customizable ambient lighting and steering wheel-mounted audio controls. The Convertible comes standard with a power-folding soft top with a sunroof feature that allows you to partially open the roof. Available features include a Harman Kardon audio system, satellite radio, a six-disc DVD player, a rearview camera, rear parking sensors, automated parallel parking assist, a head-up display, a panoramic sunroof, navigation and the Mini Connected infotainment system with smartphone app integration.
Reviewers agree that since the Mini Cooper’s redesign last year, its audio and climate controls are much easier to use. They also praise the user-friendly Mini Connected infotainment system, which operates similarly to BMW’s iDrive.
- "The infotainment system is a version of iDrive, which has matured into an intuitive and easy-to-use system." -- AutoWeek
- "There is no shortage of gadgets either, including an optional head-up display that resides all of 2 inches above the conventional speedometer." -- Edmunds
- "Other ergonomic enhancements include a reworked center stack with knobs that replace many of last year's fiddly climate control buttons, as well as window switches that have finally been moved from the lower stack to the door panels, just as the car gods intended." -- Left Lane News (2014)
- "At the same time, Mini has made several welcome moves toward normalcy in the interior layout. The window, door lock, and power mirror switches can now all be found on the door panel; you select the temperature and fan speed with three round knobs; and the speedometer joins the tach in front of the driver." -- Automobile Magazine (2014)
The 2015 Mini Hardtop 2 Door has 8.7 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seat, which is a very small amount for the class. The cargo area expands to 38 cubic feet with the rear seat folded. The new Hardtop 4 Door has 13.1 cubic feet behind the rear seat and 40.7 with the rear seat folded, which is about average for the class. The Convertible has a 6-cubic-foot trunk. Test drivers report that the Mini Hardtop 2 Door’s large hatchback opening and standard split-folding rear seat help make its cargo space useful.
- "The Hardtop 4-Door still can't match the packaging magic of the Honda Fit, and is more like the Ford Fiesta in both exterior size and interior space." -- Car and Driver
- "The versatility of the Mini's cabin is one of the things that make it such a special vehicle. The big hatch opens up to provide easy loading and unloading. The folding 60/40 second row gives the driver much more storage space." -- Motor Trend (2014)
- "Maximum cargo space is up more than 50 percent, rating a generous (at least by Mini Cooper standards) 38 cubic feet." -- Edmunds (2014)
Next Steps: MINI Cooper
- View the best prices for the 2015 MINI Cooper
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 MINI Cooper
- Search used MINI Cooper for sale (4,804 listings)
- See Affordable Small Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals