Mazda Mazda6 Review
The 2015 Mazda Mazda6 ranks 7 out of 18 Affordable Midsize Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Mazda Mazda6, as well as reliability and safety data.
Test drivers like the 2015 Mazda Mazda6's great fuel economy and roomy, first-rate cabin. They also say it's among the most nimble cars in the class.
Reviewers find that the 2015 Mazda6's four-cylinder engine delivers plenty of power and quick acceleration. They also praise the standard six-speed manual transmission for its agile clutch and precise shifts. An available six-speed automatic provides swift gear changes, critics say. According to the EPA, the 2015 Mazda6 gets 26/38 mpg city/highway with the automatic transmission, which is very good for the class. Test drivers agree that the Mazda6 is more athletic than most of its rivals, and they like its responsive brakes and sharp steering. However, some note that the Mazda6 has a firmer ride than its rivals, especially when equipped with the 19-inch wheels.
The 2015 Mazda6's interior is composed of high-quality materials, critics say, but they are split on the cabin’s design. Some consider it uncomplicated, while others find it boring. Test drivers say the Mazda6's seats are comfortable and supportive on long trips. They appreciate the generous rear-seat head- and legroom that exceeds that of most rivals, and they find the trunk sufficiently large. Reviewers say most of the Mazda6’s interior controls are easy to use, except for its optional touch-screen navigation system, which they think has a small screen and is slow to react to user inputs. Standard features in the 2015 Mazda6 include cloth upholstery, push-button start, a six-speaker audio system and auxiliary and USB inputs. Base models with the automatic transmission also come standard with a rearview camera, a 5.8-inch touch-screen display, Bluetooth, HD Radio, voice-activated audio controls and hands-free text messaging capability. Other available features include leather upholstery, heated front seats, power-adjustable front seats, a moonroof, dual-zone automatic climate control, adaptive cruise control, an 11-speaker Bose surround-sound audio system, satellite radio, navigation, blind spot monitoring, lane departure warning, forward obstruction warning, low-speed automatic braking and rear cross traffic alert.
- "After undergoing a complete makeover last year, the 2015 Mazda6 has emerged as a clear winner. Although priced on par with other popular family sedans, Mazda has infused its 5-passenger sedan with a sleek and sophisticated body, outstanding driving dynamics and an interior that is technologically savvy without being overly complicated." -- AutoTrader
- "With its roomy cabin, agile handling and impressive fuel economy, the 2015 Mazda 6 is a fine choice for a midsize sedan, especially if you want one with some personality." -- Edmunds
- "When it debuted last year, the Mazda6 quickly caught our eye. Its sensual styling, handsome interior, agile handling and impressive fuel economy combined to make the midsize sedan an instant favorite among the KBB.com staff. The 2015 Mazda Mazda6 carries on with little change, which is a good a thing." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "When we drove the Fusion, we said you'd be an idiot if you didn't buy one. It's true, you would be an idiot not to buy a Fusion, but you'd be an even bigger idiot if you didn't at least try the Mazda6. I think it's the best car in the class. Go buy it. Now." -- Jalopnik (2014)
Other Cars to Consider
Test drivers write that the Nissan Altima has great fuel economy and sporty handling. Critics also like the Altima’s stylish interior design and user-friendly touch-screen interface, which they say has modern graphics and responds quickly to user inputs.
Reviewers like the Ford Fusion’s nimble handling, respectable fuel economy and spacious rear seat. Unlike the Mazda6, the Fusion is available with a number of more-powerful turbocharged engines, as well as all-wheel drive.
Details: 2015 Mazda6
The 2015 Mazda6 is a five-seat, front-wheel drive midsize sedan and is available in three trims: Sport, Touring and Grand Touring. The Mazda6 has a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine mated to either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission. The Mazda6 was fully redesigned last year and sees no major changes for the 2015 model year. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2014 and 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Mazda Mazda6
- View the best prices for the 2015 Mazda Mazda6
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Mazda Mazda6
- Search used Mazda Mazda6 for sale (4,901 listings)
- See Affordable Midsize Cars rankings