Mazda Mazda6 Interior
Reviewers agree that one of the 2013 Mazda6’s biggest strengths is its spacious, comfortable interior. Auto critics especially like the supportive seats, high-quality materials and large trunk. They think the interior design is attractive and contemporary.
- "The aesthetic within the 2013 Mazda 6's cabin is thoroughly modern, with lots of curves and sweeping lines, and the car's red electroluminescent gauges are a handsome addition." -- Edmunds
- "Inside is a nice cabin with lots of convenience features. There's plenty of room for four adults, and it seats five. And despite the swoopy looks, its has a big trunk." -- New Car Test Drive (2011)
- "A large trunk and a roomy interior make this a reasonable choice for drivers with large families." -- Automobile.com (2011)
- "Airy interior with lots of room." -- Car and Driver (2011)
The five-seat Mazda6 has cloth seats on lower trim levels and leather-trimmed seats and heated front seats on Grand Touring models. Reviewers are happy with the seat material, saying the standard cloth and available leather are high-quality and attractive. Many think the front seats are comfortable and one says the driving position is one of the best in the class because it provides an expansive view of the road. Test drivers think the back seat is roomy and comfortable, noting that there is plenty of adult-friendly space. The only complaint is that one reviewer thinks the rear middle seat is best for smaller passengers, which is a common complaint among midsize cars.
- "The quality of the materials and their applications is first rate, as are the exceptionally supportive front seats." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Staying true to Mazda's philosophy of providing an engaging driving experience, the Mazda 6 boasts one of the best driving positions in the segment, with relatively high seat placement that affords an expansive view of the road." -- Edmunds
- "Occupants will find more legroom than in some like-sized rivals. Wide-opening doors aid ingress and egress. There is room for three in the back, but the center position should be reserved for smaller passengers." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
- "Mazda has long been a leader in cloth upholstery. Our Mazda 6i Grand Touring had perforated black leather and was beautiful." -- New Car Test Drive (2011)
The 2013 Mazda6 comes standard with an auxiliary audio jack and a six-speaker CD audio system. The Mazda6 can be equipped with features like Bluetooth, dual-zone automatic climate control, a rearview camera, blind spot monitoring, push-button start, Bose surround sound audio system, satellite radio and navigation.
Most auto critics like the simplified layout of the center stack and easy-to-use controls, though one reviewer says that the available navigation system is a little confusing.
- "Mazda's Mazda6 sedan for 2013 shuns the cluttered, over-designed dashes of many newer cars in favor of a simple, more elegant look. The dash uses large rotary knobs for the ventilation controls and soothing red backlighting for the gauges and steering wheel controls." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The center stack forms a graceful arch; it looks great, but some of its controls are less intuitive than those seen in competing models." -- Edmunds
- "The optional navigation system has a large screen and is fairly easy to use, but absorbs nearly all audio functions, complicating some simple adjustments. Controls on the right side of the navigation screen are too remote for easy access." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
- "Our biggest complaint is the beep that accompanies every volume adjustment made by the steering wheel toggle." -- New Car Test Drive (2011)
The 2013 Mazda6 offers 16.6 cubic feet of trunk space, which is more than what many affordable midsize cars offer.
- "On the plus side, the Mazda 6's 16.6-cubic-foot trunk is one of the biggest in its class, while the trunk's unobtrusive hinge mechanisms and the 60/40-split-folding rear seats further enhance cargo-hauling capabilities." -- Edmunds
- "Non-intrusive, strut-type hinges free up cargo space, which is already generous." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
- "Cargo space is one of the strong suits of the Mazda6. … It also boasts a low liftover height: One needs to lift cargo only to the top of the bumper and slide it in, the car's sweeping roofline making the vertical opening much larger than the depth aspect. There are no hinges or trunk arms within the opening nor cargo shelf impediments, and the rear seatbacks can be released from the trunk." -- New Car Test Drive (2011)
Next Steps: Mazda Mazda6
Get price quotes from Mazda dealers
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Mazda Mazda6 for sale (4,459 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Mazda Mazda6
- View Mazda Mazda6 Photos
- See Affordable Midsize Cars rankings