Mazda Mazda6 Recalls & Reliability
There has been 1 safety recall issued from NHTSA.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:ALTERNATOR/GENERATOR/REGULATORRecall Date: 04/02/2014
- Summary: Mazda North America Operations (Mazda) is recalling certain model year 2014 Mazda3 vehicles manufactured June 12, 2013, through December 18, 2013, and model year 2014-2015 Mazda6 vehicles manufactured May 20, 2013, through December 4, 2013, and both equipped with a 2.5L engine and a regenerative engine braking system. When driving the affected vehicles in heavy rain or in deep puddles, the alternator belt may slip causing the Power Control module (PCM) to incorrectly assume failure of the charging system.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 5700
- Consequence: Once the PCM assumes that the charging system has failed, the vehicle will stop charging and could result in poor acceleration, loss of steering assist and windshield wiper operation, and a possible engine stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Remedy: Mazda will notify owners, and dealers will reprogram the PCM with updated software, free of charge. The recall began on May 19, 2014. Owners may contact Mazda at 1-800-222-5500. Mazda's number for this recall is 7314D.
- Dates of Manufacture MAY 19, 2013 to DEC 03, 2013
- Manufacturer Recall Number: 7314D
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V173000
There is no reliability data available for this vehicle.
The 2015 Mazda6 comes with a three-year/36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty and a five-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty.