Mercedes-Benz C-Class Review
The 2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class ranks 2 out of 14 Upscale Small Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, as well as reliability and safety data.
The redesigned 2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class compares favorably with its competitors, according to reviewers who single out its luxurious interior and composed ride.
A turbocharged four-cylinder engine is standard in the redesigned 2015 C300 sedan, and critics say it produces abundant power that meets the needs of the majority of drivers. They note that the twin-turbocharged V6 in the C400 sedan is appreciably more powerful. The standard transmission is a seven-speed automatic that a number of test drivers say shifts too slowly. According to the EPA, the all-wheel drive 2015 Mercedes-Benz C300 4Matic gets 24/31 mpg city/highway, which is better than what most comparably equipped rivals get. Though some reviewers note that its steering lacks feedback and its cornering isn’t as sharp as that of some sport sedans, most report that the C-Class has composed handling and a comfortable ride.
Because the C-Class has good safety and reliability ratings, as well as plenty of family-friendly features and space, it's our 2015 Best Upscale Small Car for Families.
Reviewers report the 2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class sedan's cabin is among the best in the class, with superior materials, outstanding construction quality and an eye-catching design. Automotive writers say the C-Class' front seats are roomy and the rear seat provides acceptable legroom. They criticize the new infotainment system's touchpad for being perplexing to use. The C-Class' trunk is somewhat small for the class. Standard features in the 2015 Mercedes-Benz C300 sedan include Bluetooth, two USB ports, push-button start, driver drowsiness monitoring and forward collision warning with automatic braking. Available features include leather upholstery, heated and ventilated front seats, satellite radio, a Burmester audio system, Mercedes' COMAND infotainment system, navigation, a rearview camera, parallel parking assist, front and rear parking sensors, a head-up display, a Wi-Fi hot spot (requires subscription to Mercedes’ mbrace telematics service), pedestrian and cross traffic detection, a panoramic sunroof, adaptive cruise control, active lane keep assist, blind spot monitoring and a hands-free power trunk lid.
- "The 2015 C-Class has the right stuff in the right places. Class, meet your new leader." -- Motor Trend
- "The appeal of the 2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class comes from the way it balances all we want from a luxury sedan. It's a stylish, comfortable, gadget-laden conveyance that also drives extremely well." -- Automobile Magazine
- "This is as close as Mercedes-Benz has come to delivering a downsized version of its S-Class flagship. The new C-Class is far more refined, comfortable and elegant-looking than its predecessors and gives up little to its competition when it comes to performance and features." -- Edmunds
- "It looks fantastic and has improved in every single noteworthy aspect over the previous generation, finally capturing its own character as a standout product. Unless you're an enthusiast specifically looking to taste a bit of the famous BMW driving experience, there's nothing the 2015 C-Class fails to deliver." -- MSN Autos
Mercedes-Benz C-Class Pictures & Videos
Other Cars to Consider
Reviewers praise the Audi A4 for its beautiful interior, peppy engine and high fuel economy. The base A4 is less expensive than the C-Class, and it comes standard with some features that are optional in the C-Class, including leather upholstery and a sunroof.
Auto writers say the BMW 328i’s sporty handling and lively turbocharged four-cylinder engine make it one of the most fun-to-drive cars in the class. They also praise its quick-shifting eight-speed automatic transmission and easy-to-use iDrive infotainment system.
Details: 2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
The 2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class is available as a five-seat sedan or four-seat coupe. The sedan has been completely redesigned and comes in C300, C400 and C63 AMG trims. The coupe carries over mostly unchanged from 2014 and is available in C250, C350 and C63 AMG trims. The base C300 sedan comes standard with a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, a seven-speed automatic transmission and rear-wheel drive. All-wheel drive (4Matic) is available on both sedan and coupe models.
Next Steps: Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- View the best prices for the 2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- Search used Mercedes-Benz C-Class for sale (12,641 listings)
- See Upscale Small Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals