2010 Mercedes Benz CL-Class Interior
In addition to an elegant finish, critics report that the CL has comfortable front seats, plenty of convenience features and practical cargo room. Many, however, complain of cramped accommodations in the rear and say that its COMAND multimedia interface can be difficult to use.
- "In the 2010 Mercedes-Benz CL550, luxury abounds door-to-door, floor-to-roof, from the high-gloss wood trim to the small silver dashboard clock elegant enough to wear as a dress watch." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The CL boasts essentially the same elegant, luxurious front cabin layout as the S-Class sedan. The supple materials, rich leather and gleaming polished wood are of the highest quality, and fit and finish is superb." -- Edmunds
While critics find the CL's front seats comfortable, many criticize its rear seat for being cramped and lacking sufficient legroom. In fact, car shoppers will be hard pressed to find a vehicle in this class with a roomy backseat. Altogether, the CL provides seating for four.
- "A wide range of steering wheel and seat adjustability, as well as heated and ventilated front seats, make traveling comfortable for trips of any length in a variety of climates. The rear seat is well shaped and offers considerably more room for passengers than the BMW 6 Series, though it's got nothing on the Porsche Panamera's business-class rear accommodations." -- Edmunds
- "Space is generous on CL's broad, supportive [front] seats. Multiple standard power adjustments make it easy to find a comfortable driving position. Heated and ventilated seats, 'massaging' air bladders, and automatic-inflating side bolsters are standard or available, but not all of our testers feel they enhance comfort. ... The rear seat is shaped only for two and cramped for even average-size adults. Entry and exit is tight despite power-forward front seats." -- Consumer Guide
- "There's room for two in the backseat, which has sculpted cushions divided by a center console. Seat bottom and backrest cushioning are acceptable, but legroom is tight for tall adults." -- Cars.com
- "The rear seats are full-sized, but legroom might be snug if the front occupants require anything more than average legroom." -- Kelley Blue Book
The CL features a wide array of modern convenience features, including three-level heated front seats and a 600-watt, 11-speaker Harman/Kardon LOGIC7 digital surround-sound system. Though many find its COMAND multimedia system easier to use than BMW's iDrive and Audi's MMI, some critics admit that it's still difficult to use.
- "Most major controls are logically placed and easy to reach. Mercedes' COMAND system integrates many audio, navigation, and other secondary controls into a single rotary-knob controlled interface. With patience, COMAND becomes second nature for audio functions, but it greatly complicates others." -- Consumer Guide
- "[Command is] Complex until thoroughly understood, it is the brains behind the CL550's entertainment, GPS, radio, communications and component settings systems. Via the controller 'mouse,' menus are displayed on an eight-inch pivoting screen." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "It's one of the better-executed systems available, with an interface that's easier to use than BMW's iDrive or Audi's Multi Media Interface." -- Cars.com
The CL provides 13.5 cubic feet of cargo space -- which is great for its class. Not surprisingly, reviewers are satisfied.
- "The trunk is not cavernous, but it has a useful shape and is luxuriously finished. Interior storage includes deep door pockets, multi-chambered center console, and a large glovebox." -- Consumer Guide
- "Trunk capacity stands at 13.5 cubic feet, which is more than enough room for a weekend's worth of baggage and golf clubs." -- Edmunds
Next Steps: Mercedes Benz CL-Class
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Mercedes Benz CL-Class for sale (313 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Mercedes-Benz CL-Class
- View Mercedes Benz CL-Class Photos
- See Super Luxury Sports Cars rankings