Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Review
The 2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class ranks 4 out of 10 Luxury Large Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class, as well as reliability and safety data.
Automotive writers say that the updated 2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class provides agile handling, powerful engine options and an eye-catching interior design.
A twin-turbocharged V6 engine powers the 2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS400, and test drivers say it produces swift acceleration and plenty of highway passing power. Twin-turbocharged V8 engines come in the CLS550 and the CLS63 AMG S, and reviewers say each model provides exceptional acceleration. A seven-speed automatic transmission and rear-wheel drive are standard in the CLS-Class. All-wheel drive is optional. Auto writers report that the CLS-Class feels quite agile for a luxury large car, with strong cornering grip and sharp steering. Models with Mercedes’ optional AirMatic air suspension earn praise for their combination of handling composure and ride comfort.
The 2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class has an attractive interior design that is constructed with premium materials, according to test drivers. They find the front seats supportive but note that the rear seats lack headroom owing to the car's sloping roofline. Standard features include leather upholstery, heated front seats, forward collision warning with automatic braking, driver drowsiness monitoring, navigation, Bluetooth, a USB port, a sunroof and Mercedes’ COMAND infotainment system, which has an 8-inch screen and a central control knob. Available features include adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist, blind spot monitoring, a rearview camera, a surround-view camera system, parallel park assist, a Harman Kardon or Bang & Olufsen audio system, satellite radio, ventilated front seats and a massaging driver’s seat. Reviewers complain that the COMAND system has complicated controls that make it difficult to pair a phone or change basic audio and navigation settings.
- "The Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class ‘coupe’ for 2015 is the 4-door sedan for people who prefer the look and feel of a 2-door coupe. As fast as it is stylish, the Mercedes-Benz CLS coupe should appeal most to those who place form over function." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Sure, it's based on the E-class, but the 2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS brings an undeniable extra measure of style and performance. Clearly, there's something to be said for this four-door coupe business." -- Automobile Magazine
- "With more models to choose from, a lower starting price, a more efficient engine option, better looks, and updated technology, the new CLS-Class is poised to recapture ground lost to Audi and BMW. It might not blow the competition out of the water, but it expands the model's depth more than enough to regain consideration from buyers who may have strayed." -- Motor Trend
- "Living up to its striking exterior styling, the CLS is as much a driver's car as it is a luxury tourer." -- AutoTrader (2014)
Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Pictures & Videos
Other Cars to Consider
If you live in an area with bad winter weather, you’ll probably appreciate the Audi A7’s standard all-wheel drive. Reviewers note that the A7 has an attractive interior, composed handling and generous cargo space.
Auto journalists say the BMW 6-Series Gran Coupe has a user-friendly infotainment system and decent rear-seat space for adults. Like the CLS-Class, reviewers say the 6-Series Gran Coupe has sharp handling and its available twin-turbo V8 gives it very strong acceleration.
Details: 2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class
The 2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class sedan seats four. The CLS-Class comes in CLS400, CLS550 and CLS63 AMG S trims. The CLS400 has a twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 engine, a seven-speed automatic transmission and rear-wheel drive. All-wheel drive is available. Both the CLS550 and CLS63 AMG S have twin-turbocharged V8 engines. The CLS-Class has refreshed styling for 2015, but it hasn’t been fully redesigned since 2012. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2012 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class
- View the best prices for the 2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class
- Search used Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class for sale (1,319 listings)
- See Luxury Large Cars rankings