2009 Mercedes-Benz E Class Wagon Review
Reviewers find the 2009 Mercedes Benz E Class Wagon is tuned more for comfort than performance. While competitors trump it in terms of power, handling and fuel economy, few can match the wagon's opulent design and safety technology.
If you're in the market for a high-end family car that exudes luxury and class, but is still safe and practical enough for daily use, you'll find that the 2009 Mercedes-Benz E350 4Matic Wagon is a fine car. If, however, you want a family-friendly vehicle that can easily double as a back-road blazer, you should keep looking -- the E Class Wagon's performance capabilities are nothing to gawk at. The Boston Globe sums it up best: "It's a station wagon -- a Mercedes-Benz station wagon that is, in some ways, a stealth SUV: thirsty, hearty, utilitarian, a great family car for New England winters."
For a stronger performance, consider the BMW 3-Series wagon -- which sets the standard for handling in this highly competitive class. If, however, that's still not enough, the Mazdaspeed3 makes an interesting choice. It combines the heart of a sports car with the utility of a station wagon, but -- when compared to the E-Class Wagon -- falls short in terms of luxury and refinement.
The 2009 E350 Wagon features a standard 4Matic all-wheel drive system. For enhanced performance, consider the 507-horsepower E63 AMG.
- "Luxurious, prestigious and dynamic, the 2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class has firmly entrenched itself as the definitive midsize luxury sedan and wagon." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Contemporary and sophisticated, rock solid and confident on the road, the E-Class brims with worthwhile features and Mercedes-Benz cachet. Prices are steep, but overall, these Recommended cars merit serious consideration." -- Consumer Guide
- "Although it costs more than its peers, a combination of agreeable driving dynamics, numerous safety and luxury features, and high style make the 2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class one of our favorites." -- Edmunds
- "The E-Class makes for a pretty car, inside and out. We've always been fond of the wagon version, too; it's a near perfect size, not too big, not too small." -- AutoWeek
Next Steps: Mercedes-Benz E Class Wagon
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Mercedes-Benz E Class Wagon for sale (4,740 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Mercedes-Benz E-Class-Wagon
- View Mercedes-Benz E Class Wagon Photos
- See Luxury Wagons rankings