Mercedes-Benz E-Class Review
The 2015 Mercedes-Benz E-Class ranks 3 out of 17 Upscale Midsize Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Mercedes-Benz E-Class, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Mercedes-Benz E-Class has a composed ride, an opulent cabin and generous passenger space, according to automotive writers.
The base 2015 Mercedes-Benz E250 BlueTEC comes with a turbodiesel four-cylinder engine, and test drivers write that it is quiet and offers strong acceleration. The E-Class’ engine lineup also includes a V6, a new twin-turbo V6, a V6 hybrid and several twin-turbo V8s, ranging from the 402-horsepower V8 in the E550 to the 577-horsepower V8 in the E63 AMG S, which critics say offers blistering acceleration. The E-Class comes standard with a seven-speed automatic transmission and rear-wheel drive. All-wheel drive is optional, and the E-Class is available as a sedan, coupe, convertible or wagon. According to the EPA, the E250 gets 28/42 mpg city/highway, which is outstanding for the class. Reviewers note that the E-Class isn’t the most agile car in the segment, but they appreciate its comfortable and composed ride.
Test drivers write that the 2015 Mercedes-Benz E-Class has a posh cabin with superb build quality and lavish materials. Reviewers like its comfortable front seats, and they say its rear seat is among the most spacious in the class. The E-Class also has a large trunk for the class. Standard features in the 2015 Mercedes-Benz E-Class sedan include a sunroof, forward collision warning with automatic braking, an Attention Assist system that monitors if the driver is getting drowsy, a USB port, Bluetooth and Mercedes’ COMAND infotainment system. Available features include leather upholstery, heated front seats, ventilated front seats, a massaging driver’s seat, a power trunk lid, a panoramic sunroof, a rearview camera, blind spot monitoring, lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control, navigation, satellite radio, a Harman Kardon surround-sound audio system and a rear-seat entertainment system. According to some critics, the E-Class’ COMAND infotainment system isn’t as user-friendly as the systems in competing vehicles. However, other auto writers think it is easier to use because it has simple on-screen menus.
- "Mercedes-Benz' E-Class lineup combines all of the virtues typically associated with the three-pointed star brand - luxury, performance and cutting-edge technology - in an appealing midsize package." -- Left Lane News
- "The 2015 Mercedes-Benz E-Class epitomizes the modern midsize luxury car with its elegant furnishings, exacting workmanship and huge selection of engines and features. If you're shopping in this class, it's not to be missed." -- Edmunds
- "If you're seeking a well-constructed luxury car heavy on safety, luxury and respectability, Mercedes-Benz's 2015 E-Class sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon have much to offer." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "If you're in the market for a cushy, classy, safe-as-milk sedan with a fine interior and the cash outlay isn't going to break the bank, the E250 is a very compelling proposition." -- AutoWeek (2014)
Other Cars to Consider
Reviewers love the Cadillac CTS’ athletic handling, comfortable ride and powerful engine options. The CTS’ stylish interior design and high-end materials also impress auto writers.
According to critics, the Audi A6 has a beautiful interior design and offers a nice balance between agile handling and a comfortable ride. The A6’s diesel-powered TDI trim gets excellent fuel economy, and test drivers say it’s quite powerful.
Details: 2015 Mercedes-Benz E-Class
The 2015 Mercedes-Benz E-Class is available as a four-seat coupe or convertible, a five-seat sedan or a seven-seat wagon. It is available in E250 BlueTEC, E350, E400, E400 Hybrid, E550, E63 AMG and E63 AMG S trims. The base E250 BlueTEC sedan has a turbodiesel 2.1-liter four-cylinder engine, a seven-speed automatic transmission and rear-wheel drive. All-wheel drive is optional. The E400 trim is new for 2015, but the E-Class hasn’t been fully redesigned since 2010. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2010 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Mercedes-Benz E-Class
- View the best prices for the 2015 Mercedes-Benz E-Class
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Mercedes-Benz E-Class
- Search used Mercedes-Benz E-Class for sale (10,611 listings)
- See Upscale Midsize Cars rankings