2015 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Interior
Auto critics agree that the 2015 Mercedes-Benz M-Class’ cabin features handsome styling, impressive build quality and first-rate materials befitting a luxury SUV. They remark that there is ample rear-seat legroom and say the COMAND infotainment system is straightforward. Additionally, the M-Class has plenty of cargo space for the class.
- "Elegantly designed and filled with soft-touch materials and wood accents, the 2015 M-Class interior is exactly what you'd expect in a luxury vehicle." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Materials quality inside the M-Class is superb, ranking right up there with any luxury SUV on the market." -- Edmunds
- "The interior of the M-Class retains its high-quality, well-crafted look and feel but has recently been stepped up. Purposeful styling cues and upgraded upholstery give the cabin more opulence, furthering the M-Class's position as a benchmark for upscale motoring." -- AutoTrader (2014)
Mercedes-Benz M-Class Pictures
The 2015 M-Class seats five and comes standard with leatherette upholstery and front seats that are heated and power-adjustable. Seating options include leather upholstery, ventilated front seats, massaging front seats, a heated steering wheel and heated rear seats. Test drivers say the front seats are spacious and note that the rear seats’ folding headrests contribute to good rearward visibility. They add that the ML63 AMG’s front seats have ample support. The M-Class’ rear seats offer exceptional legroom for the class, reviewers write.
- "Rear passengers relax with ample legroom, reclining seats and movies of their choice with the optional twin-LCD screens mounted inside the front-seat headrests." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "To its credit, though, the M offers roomy accommodations for five and provides more second-row legroom than most competitors do." -- Edmunds
- "Visibility is surprisingly good, thanks in part to the rear-seat headrests that can be retracted to a position nearly level with the seat back." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "The seats are more than up to the task of holding passengers in place, and the bolsters don't get in the way of ingress and egress. Although the seats have the height adjustment of a barber's chair, even in their lowest position the height of the vehicle still gives a parade-float view of the road." -- Motor Trend (2013 ML63 AMG)
Standard features in the 2015 Mercedes-Benz M-Class include dual-zone automatic climate control, a power sunroof, Bluetooth, HD Radio, a USB port and Mercedes’ COMAND infotainment system with a 7-inch display screen. Optional features include navigation, a rearview camera, a rear-seat DVD entertainment system, a Harman Kardon or Bang & Olufsen audio system, adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring and lane keep assist.
According to reviewers, the COMAND system makes it easy to control various infotainment features, and they like that there are still plenty of physical buttons for frequently used stereo and climate functions. Some mention that it takes a while to learn how to operate the navigation system.
- "The standard knob-based COMAND interface works better than most systems of its ilk, providing a welcome amount of user-friendly redundancy among the control knob, dash buttons and wheel controls." -- Edmunds
- "The M-Class is fitted with clear gauges that are easy to read, and while most of the control buttons are intuitively marked, a bit of acclimation is required for some functions. The navigation system uses a combination of touch-screen activation, dash-mounted buttons, and a control knob on the console. Again, some practice is needed to understand all of the system's functions." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The Mercedes-Benz M-Class has 38.2 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats and up to 80.3 cubic feet with the rear seats folded, which is very good for the class. A power liftgate is standard. Test drivers report that the M-Class has plenty of cargo space, and add that the power liftgate makes it easy to access the cargo area.
- "Cargo space is ample, with 38.2 cubic feet available behind the rear seats and a voluminous 80 cubes available aft of the front seats." -- Left Lane News
- "Just touch a button on the key fob and the tailgate lifts. Closing is equally simple, either via a button on the door itself or with another press on the key fob." -- Kelley Blue Book (2013)
Research Prices: 2015 Mercedes-Benz M-Class
Over 50,000 car shoppers have purchased a car through the U.S. News Best Price Program. Our pricing beat the national average 86% of the time with shoppers receiving average savings of $3,221 off MSRP across vehicles. See what others paid for the Mercedes-Benz M-Class and get upfront pricing to make sure you don't overpay. Learn More »
Next Steps: Mercedes-Benz M-Class
- View the best prices for the 2015 Mercedes-Benz M-Class
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Mercedes-Benz M-Class
- Search used Mercedes-Benz M-Class for sale (4,863 listings)
- See Luxury Midsize SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals