Mercedes-Benz M-Class Interior
Test drivers say the 2014 Mercedes-Benz M-Class’ cabin is well-crafted with upscale materials like standard Eucalyptus wood trim, which make it feel luxurious. Both the front and rear seats are comfortable and roomy and visibility is good, they note. Reviewers find the COMAND infotainment system to be generally intuitive with simple menus and say that the dashboard controls and gauges are clearly marked.
- "The 2014 M-Class has all the soft-touch materials and wood accents you'd expect in a luxury vehicle.” -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The interior of the M-Class retains its high-quality, well-crafted look and feel but has recently been stepped up. Purposeful styling cues and upgraded upholstery give the cabin more opulence, furthering the M-Class's position as a benchmark for upscale motoring.” -- AutoTrader
- "Materials quality inside the M-Class is superb, ranking right up there with any luxury SUV on the market.” -- Edmunds
- "M-Class interiors have an upscale atmosphere thanks to standard wood trim and high-quality materials. Appearance is further enhanced by the available leather upholstery. Nicely executed satin-chrome trim adds to the classy vibe, as does contrast stitch detailing." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The five-seat Mercedes-Benz M-Class comes standard with faux leather upholstery and heated, power-adjustable front seats. Options include leather upholstery, heated and ventilated front seats, massaging front seats and heated rear seats. While some competing SUVs come standard with leather upholstery, test drivers say that the M-Class’ standard imitation leather still feels upscale. Test drivers agree that both the front and rear seats are spacious and comfortable, with ample head- and legroom. An optional power-adjustable steering wheel helps drivers customize their position, they note, and the front seats are set high, offering a commanding view of the road.
- "To its credit, though, the M offers roomy accommodations for five and provides more second-row legroom than most competitors.” -- Edmunds
- “Leather seating will still cost you extra, but even the base ‘MB-Tex’ vinyl provides an appreciable amount of comfort and good feel.” -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Up front passengers enjoy roomy, comfortable seats. Headroom and legroom are generous, and the power-adjustable steering wheel that is included with the optional Premium Package 1 (and standard on ML63) makes it easy to find a comfortable driving position." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "The seats are more than up to the task of holding passengers in place, and the bolsters don't get in the way of ingress and egress. Although the seats have the height adjustment of a barber's chair, even in their lowest position the height of the vehicle still gives a parade-float view of the road.” -- Motor Trend (2013 ML63 AMG)
The 2014 Mercedes-Benz M-Class comes standard with a power sunroof, Bluetooth phone and audio connectivity, rain-sensing windshield wipers, a USB port, a COMAND infotainment system and a six-disc CD/DVD player and SD card reader. Options and upgrades include navigation, a rearview camera, active lane keeping assist, park assist, a rear-seat DVD entertainment system, panoramic roof and heated and cooled front cup holders.
Reviewers say that most of the M-Class’ gauges and dashboard controls are clearly marked. The COMAND infotainment system is controlled by a knob on the console, and some test drivers say the system has simple menus that make it easy to program.
- “The standard knob-based COMAND interface works better than most systems of its ilk, streamlining the navigation system's destination entry process with two simple menu bars (top and bottom) that should quickly become second-nature.” -- Edmunds
- “The M-Class is fitted with clear gauges that are easy to read, and while most of the control buttons are intuitively marked, a bit of acclimation is required for some functions.” -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The Mercedes-Benz M-Class has an excellent amount of cargo space for the class, with 38.2 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats in use and 80.3 cubic feet of space with the rear seats folded. Reviewers say the standard power liftgate makes loading the cargo bay easier since the rear door can be opened with the push of a button.
- “Behind the rear seat, the tall cargo bay offers plenty of space.” -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "Just touch a button on the key fob and the tailgate lifts. Closing is equally simple, either via a button on the door itself or with another press on the key fob." -- Kelley Blue Book (2013)
Next Steps: Mercedes-Benz M-Class
- View the best prices for the 2014 Mercedes-Benz M-Class
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Mercedes-Benz M-Class
- Search used Mercedes-Benz M-Class for sale (3,597 listings)
- See Luxury Midsize SUVs rankings