Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Interior
The 2015 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class has a handsome interior, made with lavish materials and impeccable attention to detail, according to auto reviewers. Most report that the seats are very comfortable, but some think the overall cabin is a bit tight. They find that the infotainment system is easy to understand after some practice.
- "Settle into the cockpit and you'll find fine quality materials, superb fit and finish and rock-solid construction." -- Edmunds
- "The materials are of the highest quality with a solid fit-and-finish." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "The luscious interior is Mercedes-Benz deluxe in every way." -- Kelley Blue Book (2013)
Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Pictures
The 2015 SLK-Class seats two and comes standard with leatherette upholstery and power-adjustable seats. Optional features include leather upholstery, heated seats and Mercedes' Airscarf system, which blows warm air onto the occupant's neck to make driving with the top down more pleasant in cooler weather. Most test drivers think the SLK-Class' seats are spacious and comfortable, regardless of upholstery, but some find the seats to be a little tight, even compared to other roadsters' seats.
- "Whether outfitted in the leather-like MB-Tex or the real thing, the SLK's seats are a pleasure to be in." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The main issue inside the SLK is that it's quite snug, even by compact roadster standards. The Z4, for example, gives larger drivers more room." -- Edmunds
- "Top-up headroom is plentiful, and the seats have enough travel to accommodate all but the longest of leg." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The 2015 SLK250 comes standard with a 5.8-inch display screen on the center stack, Bluetooth, an eight-speaker audio system, HD Radio, driver drowsiness monitoring, proximity key and a retractable hardtop with a panoramic roof panel. According to Mercedes-Benz, the retractable hardtop can be lowered in less than 20 seconds. Available features include dual-zone automatic climate control, satellite radio, an 11-speaker Harman Kardon surround-sound stereo system, Mercedes' COMAND infotainment system with a 7-inch display, navigation, blind spot monitoring, lane departure warning, parallel park assist, forward collision warning with automatic braking, adaptive cruise control and a Magic Sky Control roof panel, which enables you to adjust the transparency of the panel to let in more or less sunlight.
Critics find that the COMAND infotainment system is relatively easy to master after some practice, although they add that they would prefer a touch screen. They also say the buttons and controls in the SLK-Class are similar to those found in more expensive Mercedes-Benz models, assuring they aren't lower-quality.
- "The buttons, switchgear and COMAND technology are virtually identical to what's offered throughout much of the Mercedes lineup, so SLK drivers will never feel like second-class Benz buyers." -- Edmunds
- "The system takes some time to get used to, but most of the controls become second nature after a month or two. We would like the screen to be slightly larger and offer touch functionality." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "The main gauges are two big analog circles that flank a screen displaying a wide variety of driver-selectable information. A twist-and-push electronic controller on the console operates audio and navigation features - not immediately intuitive, but it works." -- Kelley Blue Book (2013)
The 2015 SLK-Class has 10.1 cubic feet of trunk space with the top up and 6.4 cubic feet of space when the top is lowered. The SLK-Class' trunk area is decent for the class. Reviewers are pleased with the trunk space, but a few comment that you can't fit golf bags with the roof lowered. They add that there is minimal small-item storage in the cabin.
- "On the bright side, the trunk is surprisingly accommodating whether the roof is up (10.1 cubic feet) or down (a still useful 6.4 cubic feet)." -- Edmunds
- "… golf bags won't fit in the trunk with the top down. …" -- AutoTrader (2014)
- "In-cabin storage is also limited. The center console is shallow, the door pockets are tiny, and Mercedes provides a couple cubbies behind the seats, but they're small." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Next Steps: Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class
- View the best prices for the 2015 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class
- Search used Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class for sale (992 listings)
- See Luxury Sports Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals