2009 Mercury Grand Marquis Interior
This interior review was created when the car was new. Some links may no longer point to an active page.
While reviewers concede that the Grand Marquis boasts a roomy interior that's geared for comfort, many still find things to complain about. Some reviewers say the design is dated, the materials are cheap and the seats are overly flat and soft.
The Grand Marquis offers space to seat six, with a spacious cabin and bench seating. A few reviewers appreciate the soft seats, while others complain they are too soft and flat.
- The "wide, spacious interior," "can seat up to six in a pinch," with hip and shoulder room cited as "particularly impressive thanks to the ultra-wide body." -- Edmunds
- "Love both its bench seats, and the ease of entering and exiting its cabin." -- Automobile Magazine
- The seats are "wide and comfortable." -- Kelley Blue Book
- The "cloth-covered seats offer little lateral support." -- The Orlando Sentinel
- The rear seats of are "spacious" and "wide enough for three adults, but floor hump intrudes," and the seat is "too soft for best long-distance comfort." -- Consumer Guide.
Auto reviewers find the interior features on the Grand Marquis uncomplicated and straightforward. Most auto reviewers say the standard interior amenities are basic but functional.
- "Controls and instruments are simple and easy to decipher, but the overall design is dated." -- Edmunds
- The dash layout is "easy-to-understand." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Supplies all the necessities."-- Automobile Magazine
The Grand Marquis comes with 20.6 cubic feet of trunk space, which is quite large for the class. For the most part, auto reviewers are pleased with the trunk space.
- "Space capable of swallowing copious amounts of luggage or several sets of golf clubs." -- Edmunds
- The trunk "could accommodate the baggage of a basketball team's starting lineup and their driver." -- Automobile Magazine
- "Concentrates space in a deep center well, so some bulky items are a tough fit." -- Consumer Guide
- The "huge trunk is exactly what many golfers love about this car." -- Kelley Blue Book