Mitsubishi Mirage Review
The 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ranks 42 out of 42 Affordable Small Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Mitsubishi Mirage, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage is ranked:
The 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage may get superb fuel economy, but critics are disappointed by its dreary cabin, clumsy handling and noisy, underpowered engine.
Automotive journalists write that the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage’s three-cylinder engine is noisy and produces lackluster highway passing power. A five-speed manual transmission is standard and an automatic transmission is optional. The 2015 Mirage gets up to an EPA-estimated 37/44 mpg city/highway, which is exceptional for the class. Auto writers report that the Mirage’s small turning circle makes it easy to maneuver in tight places, but they say that the Mirage has sloppy handling while cornering. Some also note that it feels shaky at highway speeds and requires continuous steering corrections to maintain a straight line.
According to reviewers, the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage has cheap interior materials and very dull styling, even for a subcompact car. Some also point out that the front seats have uncomfortable armrests and lack adjustability. However, others think the front seats are comfortable, and they add that the rear seat has enough room for two adults. The Mirage also has a lot of cargo space for the class. Standard features in the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage include a USB port, automatic climate control and keyless entry. Available features include Bluetooth, cruise control, front and rear parking sensors, a rearview camera, push-button start and navigation. Test drivers think the Mirage offers a lot of standard features for its price, and they note that the controls for the audio and climate systems are easy to use.
- "Entry-level prices make Mirage an interesting proposition from a value standpoint, but its acceleration, cabin appointments, and overall dynamic refinement trail most subcompact competitors." -- Consumer Guide
- "The Mirage's low price and good fuel economy fulfill its promises of being inexpensive to own and operate, and it's surprisingly well equipped, with standard features like automatic climate control. But make no mistake, making it in America is harder than ever, and even at this price point there are cars offering a more refinement." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The subcompact economy car segment, once comprising mostly rolling penalty boxes, has matured into one with a number of pleasant, inexpensive transportation choices. Sadly, the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage, despite being one of the newest entries here, seems to be a holdout." -- Edmunds
- "Realistically, however, one would have to settle to buy a Mirage, because there are larger, more practical, better driving and better-looking alternatives out there for similar money, especially with so many subcompact and compact cars offering thousands of dollars in sales incentives." -- MSN Autos (2014)
Other Cars to Consider
Reviewers are quite impressed with the Ford Fiesta’s agile handling and controlled highway ride. They also appreciate its well-built cabin and spacious, comfortable front seats.
Auto writers say the Chevrolet Sonic has a comfortable ride and sharp handling. The Sonic’s spacious rear seats and appealing interior design also appeal to critics.
Details: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage
The 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage is a five-seat hatchback that’s available in DE and ES trims. A 1.2-liter three-cylinder engine, a five-speed manual transmission and front-wheel drive are standard, and a continuously variable transmission (CVT) is available. The Mirage hasn’t changed much since its debut for the 2014 model year, so this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2014 and 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Mitsubishi Mirage
- View the best prices for the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Search used Mitsubishi Mirage for sale (327 listings)
- See Affordable Small Cars rankings