Mitsubishi Mirage Interior
The 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage’s interior is very basic and composed of hard plastics, reviewers say, but audio and climate controls are well-placed and easy to navigate. Test drivers say that while the cabin is far from high-tech, it does comes standard with features that are optional on some rivals, including a USB port and automatic climate control. Noise cancelling materials make the cabin relatively quiet, one test driver notes. Auto writers say the front seats are comfortable and the rear seats have adequate space for a subcompact.
- "There's precious little flair in terms of the interior styling, but the materials are sturdy and the controls logically placed and easy to use." -- Left Lane News
- “On quicker sections of freeway interior noise stayed mostly in check, thanks largely to a noise reduction package that's applied to all US-bound cars." -- Kelley Blue Book
- “Once we got inside our bright green, five-speed equipped tester (we drove the CVT-equipped model later), we were greeted by a clean but minimalistic interior." -- AutoWeek
The Mitsubishi Mirage seats five and comes with manually adjustable front seats and a tilt steering wheel. A leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob are optional. Reviewers say the front seats are comfortable, though one notes that they aren’t very adjustable. Like most subcompacts, space is at a premium in the back seat, reviewers report, though they say there’s sufficient room for two adults.
- "Cloth seats lacked the infinite degrees of adjustability we've grown accustomed to, but they remained comfortable during our several hours in the car." -- AutoWeek
- "Sitting in the comfortably contoured front seats there's plenty of space. Things are somewhat tighter in back where, at 5-foot-10, my head barely brushes the headliner in the outboard positions. My head does the ceiling in the middle position though I'd feel pretty confined flanked by other passengers." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Given its Lilliputian dimensions, the Mirage's passenger compartment is larger than one would expect, with space that's adequate for four adults." -- Left Lane News
The 2014 Mirage comes standard with a four-speaker CD audio system, a USB port, automatic climate control, power side mirrors and keyless entry. Optional features include Bluetooth phone connectivity, front and rear parking sensors, cruise control, steering wheel-mounted audio and cruise controls, push-button start, navigation and a rearview camera.
Test drivers agree that the audio and climate controls are simple to operate thanks to their logical placement. One reviewer notes that the Mirage has standard features that are optional in some rivals, including a USB port and automatic climate control. However, another says that drivers looking for cutting-edge technology will be disappointed.
- "Mitsubishi seems to have taken a page out of the Mazda playbook where spartan dashboard design is concerned -- hard-wearing black plastics abound, but we enjoyed the easy-to-use knob-and-button layout." -- AutoWeek
- "There's not much style to be found but the audio and climate controls are so simple you could train a cat to operate them." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Despite its entry-level positioning, the Mirage isn't bare-bones when it comes to content: power windows and locks, automatic climate control and a stereo with iPod/USB connectivity are fitted as standard." -- Left Lane News
- "This interior may be a touch too simple for some tech-savvy buyers, which Mitsu realizes, so it's aiming the Mirage more towards older and retired consumers." -- MSN Autos
The Mitsubishi Mirage has 17.2 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats in use and 47 cubic feet with the seats folded, which is good for a small hatchback. One reviewer says the use of a single string to secure the cargo cover seems very low-budget.
- "… there's only one string connecting the cargo cover to the rear hatch (a thrifty move even the extreme couponing crowd might find cheap)." -- Kelley Blue Book
Next Steps: Mitsubishi Mirage
- View the best prices for the 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Search used Mitsubishi Mirage for sale (339 listings)
- See Affordable Small Cars rankings