Mitsubishi Mirage Interior
The 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage’s dull interior styling and low-rent materials are disappointing, test drivers say, even for the class. Some critics also write that the front seats don’t have much adjustability and don’t provide a comfortable place to rest your arms. However, most think the front seats are roomy enough, and they say the rear seat offers sufficient space for two adults. The Mirage has a large cargo area for the class, and auto writers say it has straightforward dashboard controls and a surprising number of standard features.
- "Furthermore, the cabin environment isn't especially pleasant. There's a lot of engine noise no matter how fast you're going, and most of the interior materials are low in quality even for this fairly thrifty segment." -- Edmunds
- "On one hand, the dash layout is so simple an 18th-century fur trapper could figure out the heating and audio controls. That's good. Unfortunately, it also comes with a heaping serving of chintzy." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "There's precious little flair in terms of the interior styling, but the materials are sturdy and the controls logically placed and easy to use." -- Left Lane News
- "Once we got inside our bright green, five-speed equipped tester (we drove the CVT-equipped model later), we were greeted by a clean but minimalistic interior." -- AutoWeek (2014)
Mitsubishi Mirage Pictures
The 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage seats five and comes standard with a tilt-only steering wheel. A leather-wrapped shift knob and steering wheel are optional. Some auto writers say the front seats are comfortable. However, others think the front seats don’t offer enough adjustability, adding that the hard door armrest and the absence of a center armrest limit comfort. Test drivers think the rear seat offers sufficient space for two adults.
- "… the front occupants enjoy decent space and nicely contoured seats. In back, head space is tighter, but there's enough space for two adults or three kids, maybe even three if things get desperate." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The lack of a telescoping steering wheel might make it a little difficult for some drivers to get comfortable behind the wheel, but taller folks should find enough head- and legroom. On longer drives, the hard door armrests and the lack of a front center armrest reduce driver comfort." -- Edmunds
- "Cloth seats lacked the infinite degrees of adjustability we've grown accustomed to, but they remained comfortable during our several hours in the car." -- AutoWeek (2014)
- "Given its Lilliputian dimensions, the Mirage's passenger compartment is larger than one would expect, with space that's adequate for four adults." -- Left Lane News (2014)
Standard features in the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage include automatic climate control, a USB port, a four-speaker audio system, power side mirrors and keyless entry. Available features include cruise control, steering wheel-mounted audio and cruise controls, Bluetooth, navigation, front and rear parking sensors, a rearview camera and push-button start.
Automotive journalists note that the Mitsubishi Mirage offers a lot of features for the price, and they add that it has a simple dashboard layout that makes the audio and climate controls very user-friendly.
- "With one of the lowest base prices of any new car for sale in the U.S., the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage is surprisingly well equipped with things like automatic climate control." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "On a positive note, all the essential controls are easily accessible and simple to use." -- Edmunds
- "… we enjoyed the easy-to-use knob-and-button layout." -- AutoWeek (2014)
- "Despite its entry-level positioning, the Mirage isn't bare-bones when it comes to content. …" -- Left Lane News (2014)
The 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage has 17.2 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seat and 47 cubic feet with the rear seat folded, which are both good measurements for a small hatchback. The Mirage uses a single string to secure the cargo cover to the rear liftgate, which seems extraordinarily cut-rate to reviewers.
- "With the rear seats in place, the Mirage offers a respectable 17.2 cubic feet of cargo space. With the seats folded down, capacity increases to 47 cubic feet: a good number for this class." -- Edmunds
- "… there's only one string connecting the cargo cover to the rear hatch (a thrifty move even the extreme couponing crowd might find cheap)." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
Next Steps: Mitsubishi Mirage
- View the best prices for the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Search used Mitsubishi Mirage for sale (327 listings)
- See Affordable Subcompact Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals