Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Review
The 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ranks 24 out of 27 Affordable Compact SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport is ranked:
In performance and cabin design, auto journalists say the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport isn't keeping pace with its competition, though some reviewers appreciate its smooth ride.
A four-cylinder engine paired with a standard five-speed manual transmission comes standard in the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, and an automatic transmission is available. A slightly larger and more-powerful four-cylinder engine is also available. While the Outlander Sport generates sufficient power around town, critics note that on highways the engine lacks punch and the acceleration drags. Test drivers also write about the high level of cabin noise that the automatic transmission and engine produce. With an EPA rating of 24/30 mpg city/highway, the base 2015 Outlander Sport's fuel economy estimates are fairly good for a compact SUV. Test drivers are pleased with the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport’s cushy ride, which remains smooth over rough patches of road. While some automotive journalists think the Outlander Sport is easy to maneuver around corners, others say it doesn't feel very athletic when compared with rivals.
The 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport's cabin doesn't match its competitors' higher quality and more refined interiors, reviewers say. Still, they note that the Outlander Sport has supportive front seats with sufficient head- and legroom. The second row, test drivers say, can comfortably seat two adults, but the space is more appropriate for children. Standard features include a four-speaker stereo, Mitsubishi’s FUSE hands-free system with Bluetooth, a USB port and steering wheel-mounted audio controls. Available features include a 7-inch touch screen with navigation, a 6.1-inch touch-screen audio system, a Rockford-Fosgate nine-speaker stereo system, satellite radio, a rearview camera, push-button start, a panoramic moonroof and automatic climate control. A few test drivers find that controlling audio and navigation settings with the FUSE system is easy. The Mitsubishi Outlander Sport has less cargo space than that of most rivals, but reviewers say its cargo hold still has more than enough room for most families.
- "The 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport is outclassed by other small crossovers that are either more practical or more fun to drive." -- Edmunds
- "At more modest price points, the Outlander Sport works as a fun and sporty commuter car with excellent forward accommodations and acceptable adult space in back. At about 26 mpg, it's reasonably frugal, as well." -- Consumer Guide
- "It comes up short on cargo room, engine power and handling compared to many similarly-priced rivals, but pleasant styling and decent fuel efficiency make it worth a look." -- Left Lane News
Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Pictures & Videos
Other SUVs to Consider
The Subaru Forester impresses reviewers with its zippy turbocharged engine. It also has more cargo space than nearly every rival. Models equipped with an available CVT earn good fuel economy for the class, and the Forester comes standard with all-wheel drive.
Reviewers say the Buick Encore offers a great balance of ride comfort and agility. They also like its high-quality, attractive cabin, which comes with lots of standard features. The Encore also earns some of the best fuel economy estimates in the class.
Details: 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
The 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport seats five and comes with a five-speed manual transmission and front-wheel drive. A continuously variable transmission (CVT) and all-wheel drive are available. The Outlander Sport comes in three trims: ES, SE and GT. The Outlander Sport was all-new in 2011, and aside from a revised CVT, it is largely unchanged for 2015. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2011 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
- View the best prices for the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
- Search used Mitsubishi Outlander Sport for sale (None listings)
- See Affordable Compact SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals