Nissan 370Z Interior
Most auto writers say the 2015 Nissan 370Z’s cabin has upscale materials and an appealing design. They also appreciate its supportive seats and user-friendly audio and climate controls. However, they note that there’s not much cargo space, and that rearward visibility is poor from the driver’s seat. Some also note that the 370Z Roadster’s interior can be noisy at speed.
- "With the roof up, it's incredibly loud. Below you, those tires don't seem to muffle any noise at all, and above you, the wind sounds like you're doing 200 MPH even if you're barely hitting 50. I know it's a convertible, and some extra wind noise is to be expected, but for a car on sale in 2014 this was a bit silly." -- Jalopnik
- "For a sports car intended for serious driving, Nissan's 2015 370Z's interior is functional, upscale and artistic." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Overall, the 370Z's cabin has a suitably sporty vibe. Interior materials are a bit pedestrian overall, though textured dashboard plastics, contrast stitching, and padded surfaces are effective at livening up the ambiance." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The 2015 Nissan 370Z seats two and comes standard with cloth upholstery. Touring models come with leather seats that are heated and power-adjustable, while NISMO models get leather-appointed Recaro seats. Ventilated seats are available in the 370Z Roadster. Critics say the 370Z’s seats are comfortable, supportive and roomy enough for taller people, though several note that rearward visibility is limited from the driver’s seat.
- "The seating is comfortable and supportive." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "That swoopy roofline and thick rear roof pillars dictate small windows and marginal outward visibility -- attributes we can somewhat forgive any sports car, though." -- Edmunds
- "The Z's two-seat cabin is big enough for taller drivers, and the relationship between the seat and steering wheel makes for a great driving position." -- Cars.com (2013)
Standard features in the 2015 Nissan 370Z include Bluetooth phone connectivity, automatic climate control, push-button start, automatic headlights and a four-speaker audio system with an auxiliary audio input, a USB port and a CD player. Roadsters have a power-folding convertible soft top. Available features include a rearview camera, a Bose audio system, navigation with a 7-inch touch screen, satellite radio and Bluetooth audio streaming.
Test drivers say that the 2015 Nissan 370Z’s audio and climate controls are easy to locate while driving and very simple to use. However, they complain that the Roadster’s power top opens and closes slowly.
- "The instruments and controls are exactly where you'd want them to be when the motoring becomes more enthusiastic." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "It takes roughly 21 seconds to raise the 2014 Nissan 370Z Roadster's top from its lair under the back tonneau to its rightful place behind the windshield. This seems like an entirely reasonable amount of time until you find yourself pulled off into a side parking lot, mashing the top mechanism control button in impatient fury as the entire volume of the Pacific Ocean dumps into the cabin courtesy of a surprise thunderstorm." -- Road and Track (2014)
- "The 370Z's control layout is pleasingly simple and straightforward." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The 2015 Nissan 370Z Coupe has 6.9 cubic feet of trunk space, which isn’t a lot for the class, and the Roadster has 4.2 cubic feet of trunk space, which is small for a convertible. Critics also note that the 370Z has limited storage spaces in the cabin.
- "Make no mistake, though: the 370Z's interior quarters are tight, there's precious little storage space for even small items and the bulkhead between the seatbacks and the cargo area makes for a particularly closed-in sensation." -- Edmunds
- "There are some hidden bins behind the seats, but interior storage is otherwise meager, with a small glovebox and center console." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "Behind the front seats is a miniscule cargo ledge and storage cubby. The cloth top doesn't intrude on trunk space, but all you get is a precious 4.2 cubic feet, top up or down." -- Cars.com (2011)